Home The Lounge
Options

Never been to a pipe and tobacco event.

KABUL07KABUL07 Master
edited March 2022 in The Lounge
Hello pipe and Tobacco Aficionados, hope all is well. I have always wanted to attend a very nice pipe and tobacco show because I have never been to one as stated. I have attended the  "Cigar Aficionados Big Smoke", (many years ago) and it was really nice, I really enjoyed the entire event. If you have attended any of the pipe shows and or events which one would you indicate was really worth attending and that the entire event was really nice. Thanks and remember, smoke what you like and like what you smoke, Take time to contemplate. :-)

Comments

• Options
    Wow @KABUL07 that is such a subjective question and is totally dependent what you like and what type of person you are.
    With that said, I haven't been to a pipe show I didn't l like but your expectations need to fit the show your attending.
    The Chicago show is the biggest in the world and offers the most opportunities as far as events but I was just at the St. Louis show a few weeks back and had a fantastic time.
    I could easily sit and write an essay on this subject but my best advice to you would be to just go to one and do a bit of due diligence via the web to ensure you get the experience your seeking
  • Options
    Mapletop, thank you very much for your response and I will keep my eyes open for future events for 2022. :-)
  • Options
    www.chicagopipeshow.com

This is the best source of information about the next Chicago Pipe Show.  As we confirm the details, we will let you know. 
  • Options
    Thank you for the information and I will be on standby. Have a great day. :-)
  • Options
    Here is my personal best advice for a pipe show, get a fishing vest, and wear it everywhere you go. A vest will have LOTS of pockets. Mine has 10 pockets! Just think how many pipes, tins, lighters and other things that you will need. You will be wandering around, with everything you need, and both hands free.   As an added benefit, your wife won't want to be seen with a husband dressed this way. Now, you are totally unsupervised!
  • Options
    :-), I like that Winton and who wants supervision at a pipe and tobacco show/event. I would also think that holding tight to a very strict budget would be very wise and helpful. :-)
  • Options
    @Winton;
    That is sage advise and so true about a wife's reaction.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    I’ve been to probably 20 Big Smoke type events and around 100 pipe shows and I can say they are both fun but very different experiences. For pipe shows I’d have something in mind before you go because at a show like Chicago you’ll probably see 100’s of great pipes before the show opens and 1000’s when you walk in the room. Having something in mind will give you some focus. Another thing I advise, if you have anything your looking for, ask. If one guy doesn’t know he probably knows someone who will. 

• Options
    daveinlax, thanks for the info. and great advise. I have read that there is plenty to see at a pipe show and being patient brings value in reference to ($$) and item selection(s) due to the variety of products being sold, (so much to see). You are correct, the "BIG SMOKE" is a pretty nice event from what I actually witnessed in the past. Thanks and have a great day. In addition, if you fired up a pipe today what blend are you currently enjoying ? :-)
  • Options
    Haven’t been in a while, but ready to go again!
  • Options
    Neoshaone, if you don’t mind me asking which event did you attend ? Thanks.