Home The Lounge
Options

The Holidays, 2020

Hello Pipe and Tobacco Aficionados, I hope this time of season is treating you all well. It's the "Holiday Season" some would say and many are trying to stay warm and healthy. During this time I have found some time to relax and think about the current state of the world and this country, however I will not be discussing any of that, (just mentioning). I started listening to some Holiday music, selecting the pipe and blend(s) that I feel will work for the moment, and relaxing when possible. I remember placing "boots on ground" in another part of the world, it was (25DEC) to be exact. The country sent me to see the world, "for free". It appears that this is the time of season when some pipe smokers reach for the "sweet" named blends such as, cookies and cream, raspberry spice, maple pie crust, etc. :-) However I still reach for the Per/Lat. and Cav. blends. I find them to work very well for me during this time of season, it's chilly out there. I wanted to visit the lounge to get in out of the cold and to see if any of you aficionados were hanging around in this place. What are you smoking during this holiday season, what music are you enjoying, and what are you "drinking" ?? :-) I wish you all well and stay safe and warm. Remember, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. :-) 

Comments

• Options
    @KABUL07;
    Merry Christmas. Thank you for your service!
  • Options
    @KABUL07

Balkan Sasieni
    Mid-period Dylan
    Black, spiced rum
    🖖
  • Options
    The tobacco bar:
        Dunhill Early Morning Pipe 
        C&D Star of the East 
        Kramer's Father Dempsey 
        Peretti Tashkent 
        Pease Abington 
        Hermit Diamond Head 
        Hermit Stimulus Package 
        C&D Derringer 
        Newminster Virginia Flake 

Feliciano Saturday on the wife's day off, Miles, Coltrane and a bit of Herbie Hancock otherwise. 

Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider watching football, Vermouth and sparkling water after dinner.
  • Options
    @KABUL07

If and when it gets cool enough to build a fire in the fire pit, (I'm in South Louisiana and what is cold down here is a lovely warm fall day up north), I enjoy blends with latakia in them around the fire. The smokiness of the tobacco just blends so well with the burning wood. 

But I will be the first to confess, I like most of the aromatic winter or holiday seasonal blends - which leaves out Christmas Cheer and other non-aromatic blends. My all time favorites include Kohlhase & Kopp Winter Edition 2015, Rattray's annual Winter Editions, Peterson Holiday Season and most of the Cornell & Diehl holiday blends (Corn Cob Pipe & A Button Nose, Jolly Old St. Nicholas & Golden Days of Yore).
  • Options
    @jfreedy

We talked about Christmas blends last evening at pipe club. See @PappyJoe’s take on the subject, above.
  • Options
    I didn't smoke anything; I had to pay $50 bucks and pick up the garbage, wait, that was Alice's Restaurant , sorry I got caught up in a previous thread  discussing old age and ??? memory issues.
    Pretty much smoke the rotation where a few are added and a few get retired each month, its big rotation though of 40 or so blends, mostly Englishes and burlry virginia blends with a  few aros.thrown in to break thing up. 
    I did open up a tin of Mac Barren Plum Pudding for the holidays.
    Music wise, I'm all over the map, jazz, blues, rock in most or its genres; even listened to some zither music last week and was listening to The Band today while driving out to cut a Christmas tree.
    Hooked on extreme old fashions these days though the last 7 years or so I try to create a new colorful cocktail for my family (daughter) on Christmas eve.

• Options
    Thank you all. It appears that we are all pretty much on the same page here. I purchased some eggnog the other day, (I'm wondering what I should do with it),wink. 

• Options
    @KABUL07

I’ve found eggnog enhances the flavor of a fine spiced rum.
  • Options
     smiley:-), Yep, I think you may be right along with a bowl of Sutliff "Cringle Flake." Just received a tin this month and never opened it. Maybe this will be a good time, I never had it before.