Home The Lounge
Options

HOW DO YOU SEE IT ?

Hello pipe and tobacco aficionados, it's been a minute for me and I hope all is well out there. it appears that there are plenty of challenges going around theses days and decisions needing to be made by many people  around the world, like always I guess. "How do you see it", is it time to light up a pipe and thinks things over with your selected tune(s) from your music collection or read that book you been trying to finish for some time now? I decided to go with Bruce Springsteen, "High Hopes" and some McClellands "Grey Havens in my Neerup Bulldog. Just wanted to push out a few words to let folks know that things will get better if we take care of each other and stay positive. As our team use to say, Stay up for it, stay on point and we will all make it back. "Hold tight." This is how I see it. Keep smoking what you like and like what you smoke.

Comments

• Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    @KABUL07McClelland's Grey Havens is a great blend. I have one unopened tin left.
  • Options
    Nice thread @KABUL07 ! I loved McClelland's Grey Havens when it was in production. Such a great name too. I always wanted to try Deep Hollow for that reason, but alas, it's not to be.

For me, I've been doing well in the crisis. I'm incredibly thankful my wife and I can work (her remotely, me at my work), so we keep busy here. I've been using the time to start researching into the American Civil War. Found out my great great great Grandfather served in it, so now I'm reading all I can about it, and hope to pick up the book on his division. Next year, if all this virus nonsense is behind us, I'm looking into getting into reenacting and understand what he went through. 

Besides that, I've been smoking plenty of good pipe tobacco, especially Old Joe Krantz (original, blue, and white). I can't get enough of this blend.

• Options
    KABUL07KABUL07 Master
    Thanks for the feedback. The "Grey Havens" that I am currently enjoying is a can that has been in storage/cellar for a few years, about four I might say. The only one I have and I am trying to savor it as much as possible. I smoked a few bowls and now may put the rest away for another day and time. :-) Family and Military, if you ever get the opportunity please visit "Gettysburg", just being on that battle ground/field will make you feel just what went on there. My family's history also go back to the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Vietnam and OEF/GWAT, AFGHAN, all members, combat Veterans. I guess there is something about service, I don't know. Plenty of pipe smoking during these times I would think, not really sure. Maybe today I'll smoke a little J.M. Boswell's "Mild English" and enjoy this cloudy day. I believe that everyday is a good day, the situations of and within a day may be another chapter all together. If you are vertical, it just might be a good day. Remember, keep smoking what you like and like what you smoke.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    How do I see it?          Through a glass, darkly

1 Corinthians 13:12
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Ok, ok. Here ya go:

To see “through a glass darkly” is to have an obscure or imperfect vision of reality.
  • Options
    or demented ? ? ?
    [for some reason I find myself reminded of the Addams Family]
  • Options
    I’m one of the stay at home types also, fortunately I have enough family members to help out as far as going to the store to get what I might need, once this is over I will travel to some of the places I’ve taken for granted before.
  • Options
    nelliefoxnelliefox Enthusiast
    I have also been the old man at home.........A few days ago I took an older restored car out for a drive just to get out of the house and with luck perhaps I can do it again soon................Regardless, I like the words obscure and demented.  I am going to make it a goal to use both of those words @ least once today.

Nellie Fox