Home The Pack

Hi Guys, been feeling around here (The site mind you) trying to find this place to introduce myself. My mis-nomer is Beechnut but I'm really a John.  I can't say I'm new to smoking pipes. Started with some disgusting peach brandy flavor which I can remember to this day and that's a lot of days ago. I was a student at Concordia College (University now) in Austin. I have moved around a lot but mainly Navy days Brooklyn, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Florida. I was lucky, really lucky, then stayed in NYC for about7 yrs, then to SF Bay area for 20+, my kids grew up and went to school there. Then 13 yrs in Southern Calif, Palm Springs area. Went to school too much but not really enough?? Landscape Architect, Architectural Design.
    So more recently I live in Northern KY next to Cincinnati. Love it here except I'm too far from Grand kids in CA. I chew , yes Beechnut, as a Landscape contracting Company I was outside all day and we also had ranch endeavors too. Love that stuff but can't do it here or there but better than a pipe there but over here..you got it...things are a little slower now and I can make time for a bowl or a cigar occasionally. Been mostly experimenting but do have favs. Like the English style with Turkish blend and Latakia! But I'm always trying something new. I think pipes and associated tobacco is made for this.  I suppose the Dutch style is good for every day. Sail was my favorite until I discovered Latakia by accident.  I also find that I am now an old, young fart. I shy away from the sweet stuff more than I did years ago. Well, that's me...Kinda' 
   I do have a question for you experts, cause I am not an expert on pipes and tobacco for sure. OK, in ordering misc tobaccos and experimenting a lot I find it to be near impossible to get fresh, moist tobacco. Does it vary by types? I find that most of the more pricey stuff comes in tins and almost all of it is dry as a bone, like brittle. Is that OK, over the hill, and can I correct it like keeping cigars in a humidor. I appreciate your help, Beech

Comments