Home Pipes & Tools
Options

New Pipe added to the rack.

Hello P&T Aficionados. Information sharing and question(s) to ask the family out there. Just purchased a Comoy's "Designer", made in London England. Now within my pipe rack I have a verity of pipes and some are large bowls, however I consider this pipe a "Kettle." I filled it just below half because it has a very deep and large bowl and it smokes like a chimney with every puff. If you just so happen to own one of these pipes as well, what is your opinion? It has already moved it's way into the rotation here in this P&T town. I really like it. Thank you, KABUL on standby. Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    If the picture @motie2 posted is the pipe, beautiful! I’d only smoke a half bowl at a time as well. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @KABUL07
    I have one Designer Series Comoy’s 800, it is a big ol’ pipe.  I think that the bigger the number series 600/700/800/900, the bigger the pipe, but I am not sure.  The Peterson Founder’s Edition (2015 POY) is a big ol’ pipe.  The Dunhill is a “smaller” 3110 (Group Size 3?) for comparison.  That Charatan Executive Extra Large.....is well.....extra large😀.   The Charatan bowl’s inside diameter is 1.1” and the inside depth is 1.8” which is ~(1.71 cu. in.).  I smoke full bowls of Devil’s Holiday in it...When I have a couple hours to kill😬.  The inside bowl dimensions of the Pete are 0.8” x 2.1” ~(1.06 cu. in.), and the Comoy’s are 0.9” x 1.8” ~(1.15 cu. in.).  I think these are my three largest pipes, although some of the Pete Sherlock Holmes pipes and the Pete B42 “Darwin” are large pipes as well.