Home Tobacco Talk
Options

L.J. Peretti Co.

Prepping to sample some L.J. Peretti Co. D-9575. This is an English, Latakia and Virginia blend. Is there anyone out there who may have tried this blend and wish to share their thoughts ? Thanks, KABUL07

Comments

• Options
    That L.j. Peretti blend question must have hit a nerve. Maybe I should load up a little Sir Walter. Thanks, KABUL
  • Options
    I've yet to have the chance to try any of L.J. Peretti's blends, but I've heard nothing but praise for their tobacco. What did you think of the sample you tried? This was what some other pipers thought of the blend:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/865/peretti-blend-d-9575

• Options
    mseddonmseddon Professor
    So far, I've tried two LJ Peretti blends - Pride of Loch Lohman and No. 8 Slice. Both are outstanding. Customer service is, though, how do I put this nicely, "brusque." They are in Boston and have standards to uphold after all.  ;)
  • Options
    Hello "thebadgerpiper and mseddon." Sorry for the delay in responding and thanks for the feedback. At this time I am just returning from being away and have not had the opportunity to try my sample of the indicated L.J. Peretti blend. I seek to indulge the blend tomorrow and will provide some feedback asap. Thank you, KABUL07
  • Options
    mezzoduomomezzoduomo Apprentice
    Park Square, 7485, 9507 and 110 are all outstanding....Park Square is a VaPer, and the others are all English. The 9507 has a salty, oriental touch to my palate. This place is the real deal. They know what they're doing. Boston's Best is also commendable, but not as impressive as the others mentioned IMHO.

I was in the store last summer, and....well...they could have at least smiled or said hello.  :o
  • Options
    I apologize, east coast "folks" can be like that some time, however not all but a few :-) Once again thanks for the information and I agree the L.J. Peretti establishment appears to be very serious about the world of tobaccos. I look forward to visiting the shop when I get back east. As always thanks for the information. Enjoy your day and selected blends.KABUL07

• Options
    qmechanicsqmechanics Apprentice
    One of the best B&M I have been to for pipe tobacco . The store is relatively small but classic with excellent house blends.... Luckily one can buy the tobacco online.