Home General
Options

Pipe Smokers In Movies ... Who Put That List Together?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Here we go, a twofer.  Andy Devine and Dana Andrews both stoking up their pipes in one scene of “Canyon Passage”.
  • Options
    Another pipe smoker sighting on tv.
    We've been binge watching Midsommer Murders on BBC. In the episode "Drawing Dead" (Season 20, episode 3, May 2019) one of the suspects was shown smoking a pipe in the hallway outside of a university classroom. Later in the episode, Detective Chief Inspector Barnaby pulls a tobacco tin out of a waste basket to prove a woman was lying about not seeing the suspect. The tin looked like Gawith Navy Flake. 
  • Options
    Last night I watched the 1950 version (best IMHO) of King Solomon's Mines staring Stewart Granger.
    What struck me about this movie from a pipe smokers perspective was the scene where he is in his home with the woman who wants him to take her to find her husband.
    In the scene there is this a part where he is deftly filling his pipe with one hand in a jar and the camera not only really catches his technique but holds this position while he is talking to her and filling his pipe till he is finished, it was rather remarkable.
    During a good portion of the rest of the movie he carries his pipe in one of the ammunition loops on his shirt when not smoking it.
    Can't say I ever noticed it before, but then I can't remember when it was I last saw this movie.
    I did not know he was a pipe smoker in real life,but it was obvious when I saw his technique.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited December 2020
    Ah, the present voice of Smokey the Bear. That's why the fire is contained...😌
  • Options
    Scene from 1954 Creature from the Black Lagoon.”