Home General
Options

I think I am done....

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm not a retired IT professional like @judandhispipe but I've dealt with it enough to know he is correct and what he says about problems with changing systems applies to more than just computer websites. In my mind, it happens because people making the plans don't look far enough into the "what could happen if we change this" category. I spent a couple of years on a military planning board that was updating contingency plans. The more experienced members would always ask "What is the side effect of doing it like that?" The less experience members always just assumed things would just go as attended.

And, my "conversion" didn't go cleanly. Just ask @motie2 about the grief I've given him over his getting advanced when the rest of us got crushed under the heels of his awesomeness. It took cajoling, harping and some whining (all in a sarcastic tone) to get my status restored. And, now, I figured out what the key is. I will gladly explain it to those who go back to all my posts and like them.
  • Options
    I sense a revolution is brewing..... And Pappy's theory is right on target (this time around). Ask him to elaborate.

However, I do question his previous marksmanship. He appears to have been aiming at an innocent bystander: me, instead of at the System Lords.

And again, like the whole fercocked ranking system, this has had remarkably little affect on my life.
  • Options
    Theory?
    I don't know what you are talking about. I know nothing! Forget everything I said earlier! I was delusional and hadn't had my first cup of coffee!

I'm innocent, I tell ya!
  • Options
    Yeah, me too.
    The ball took a bad bounce, the sun was in my eyes, and the dog ate my homework.
    And I don't know him anyway.
    We don't even like each other....
    But we -- individually -- like a lot of you.
  • Options
    An added thought - when you talk about posts getting credit when they are shared on Snapchat or another social media platform - then you have to consider what their rules are.
    @PappyJoe, I could not remember what went cleanly and what did not. I did note, when I looked at my profile after I posted, that the badges I got for comments transferred - but the ones for time on board and starting discussions did not. That's an interesting quirk.
    Maybe I just need to whine more! @NicoleSTGLaneLtd   :p
  • Options
    Time wounds all heels....
  • Options
    Huh? What? Something happened???
  • Options
    Something always happens.
    And it's always darkest right before it goes pitch black.
    Oh, and it can always get worse.

~ Lessons taught by nearly a half century of marriage.
  • Options
    A half century? You sir, are long suffering, and SWMBO is even longer suffering than you! LoL!
  • Options
    @xDutchx -- You got that right, amigo.
  • Options
    I came to This Pipe Life through another another online contact, my interest being to make contact with others in the pipe smoking community, gain and share ideas and experiences, and have been enriched. I have no interest in titles nor points, nor do I particuarly need an award or or prize for participating, what I have gained is beyond such, I thank STG for their making this site available and their work to improve it. Special thanks to all those that have given me a whole lot of free and well received information about the hobby we have in common.
  • Options
    Well thought out and well put @dbh1950

I'm just about almost kinda sorta pretty sure that some many few of us feel the same way about this website that has been handed to us.

• Options

@motie2, I couldn't resist the opportunity to poke at you. I probably need to stop posting, while I am wearing my Hamburglar costume, and drinking. Individually, they are harmless activities, but when combined things can get sideways.

• Options
    xDutchx - Presuming that's you, you've destroyed my mental image of you, replacing it with a visual outrage.

I always -- well, not always --  thought you looked like Mithrandir.
  • Options

@motie2, I am poking you again. Here is a pic of me......

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited September 2017
    What is this "poking" you speak of? Enquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    @motie2, motie, poking is simply taking the opportunity to have a little fun, with information provided. You provide the opening, and I poke... :^)
  • Options
    @xdutchx - That explains it well. It's all in good fun and humor.
  • Options
    @xDutchx Holly Cow, is that you? I've been looking at the picture you have posted next to your name and thought it was actually you. All the while I assumed you were an Ozark mountain man but now I can plainly see you're a James Bond villain.
  • Options

@ghostsofpompeii, Yes both pics are of me. One is back in the day when I was running moonshine and running afoul of the law. and the one in the red t-shirt is the most recent one, where I was seeking legitimate employment, and running the road without a heater.

In a previous life, I was an Ozark mountain man, but currently I am an Alabama hillbilly, gentleman, and scollar.....

• Options
         Man, now I wish I knew what lowly rank and minimal collection of badges I was at before the conversion..maybe a level or two higher, a couple more badges?  If I could recall such trivialities, I could bemoan the loss of such and want to kill myself.  Really? 
         Now, I do appreciate the people that post things and start interesting topics and do believe that those people should have some "attaboy" and (I hate to say it) rank/title.  However at the end of the day do you really want to work yourself up into a frenzy over something so trivial?  I don't think anyone is getting paid to post here, except maybe Nicole.   I mean come on, this generally is not a life altering experience, and if it is..maybe you need to get out more.  Is the experience here a part of life, yes.  Can it be life changing...mmm maybe, especially if you listen and learn, but it shouldn't push you on the road to a heat attack.  Take it easy, block out jerks and have fun, you will live longer.
         Slow down and smoke your pipes gentlemen.
  • Options
    Yes I was back and then gone again but I will be back, just been busy around the farm, a lot of things to try to get done before Fall weather actually kick in, raining a little today so I have a little time to get on here and do a few things, I have yet to try to get on here with my phone or tablet like i do for my other social sites that is why people still see me around on Fakebook and Instagram pages.  Not ignoring anyone and not off this site, just busy. 
    Thanks for all the comments and yes Jud they should have done better testing before converting bu then again we did push the issue for changes and maybe they thought we wanted them ASAP, who knows, Other than badges, points and rankings the site seems to be running good, although I haven't been on here enough to see if you guys have had any other issues. lol  Might be a good thing! 
    As stated in other posts I like PappyJoe sometime have a Sarcastic sense of Humor, love it or not I do use it a lot so just look the other way if it seems like I am pissed over nothing....I learned by watching Pappy you have to complain to get things fixed! LOL  Yes I just put you under the bus PappyJoe.  
    Anyway I did smoke a few dozen bowl along with a few dozen Cigars and have been trying to relax but this time of year especially this year has been very stressful for me, I have a LOT on my mind right now.
    Be back later this month or next month.
  • Options
    @wolf41035 - you're not the first on here to throw me under the bus.