Home General
Options

Tea, Coffee & Pipe Tobacco.

13»

Comments

• Options
    @motie2, but you censored the memes 🤔
  • Options
    Yeah, I wussed out; didn't want any aggravation.....
  • Options
    @Londy3 - Used to be you would walk into a diner or restaurant like Waffle House or Shop and you would see the Bunn coffeemakers. Don't know what coffee they actually used but it was always good. I also remember seeing the Bunn coffeemakers and the restaurant would just use the Bunn coffee packs, one per pot. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited January 2019
    Another "De gustibus....." situation.

Personally, I enjoy strong, black coffee, drip, perc, machinetta, press; it doesn't matter. While I enjoy other companies' products (Timothy's, Bustelo, Horton's, Peet's, etc.), I also like over-roasted coffees from Starbuck's (Cafe Verona, Sumatran), but I brew them at home. In store is too expensive.
  • Options
    Starbucks = heartburn 😝
  • Options
         “Starbucks” ahhh😝.  “Seattle’s Best” ahhh😝.  There is another roaster in Billings “City Brew” ahhh😝.  I think they are trying to emulate “Starbucks” ahhh😝.  When downwind from the location where they roast the coffee, the aroma (read stink) is unpleasant.  The aroma of roasting/brewing coffee beans should be like a scent trail to breakfast memories of yore, not an olfactory flashback from a smoldering garbage dump.  
         My favorite coffees are the single varietals from “Revel Coffee” here in Billings (usually “washed process” beans from Ethiopia).   One of my nephews gave me a bag of coffee beans for Christmas from “Ghost Town Roasters” in Bozeman (“washed process” beans from Kenya) it is good coffee too.  Guess I will have a latte and some Sutliff-Irish Coffee-D65 in my WDC Royal Demuth.
  • Options
    @motie2
    Yep, to each his own.  If there is nothing else, I’ll still drink whatever coffee is available.  It is just that I prefer lighter roasted coffee, brewed strong. I still also prefer it with cream, my tastebuds dislike bitter.  IPA beer=hops👎🏻, black dark roasted coffee=burnt/acrid 👎🏻, Stout Beers=hops&burnt/acrid 👎🏻.  Interestingly, I do enjoy Tonic Water=Gin & Tonic👍🏻.  Tonic Water is bitter, but I enjoy plain Tonic Water sometimes as well?
  • Options
    I like Starbucks Pike Place, actually prefer it over DD, not to say DD coffee is not good, I drink it once in awhile. Also like Starbucks Italian Roast instant blend.Also use Half-Half in my coffee. Got rid of using sugar many yrs ago. As far as Tea goes. I drink hot tea mostly, all different types. Never really had great interest in Iced Tea.
  • Options
    Every morning we make our locally roasted coffee, freshly ground, with some half and half and sit in the living room and watch the news before the madness of the day starts.  We love tea too.  We a have a tea & coffee station in our house with more tea variety then coffee.  From herbal to black teas. In the fall through winter we have nightly 10:00 o'clock tea. Down here in the south, sweet tea is a standard thing, it goes without say.  Guess I'm very picky about my tea and coffee selections. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar, would it be a good guess to say that you work at a foundry?
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited January 2019
    @Londy3 -- If you are not already aware of it, check out http://www.uptontea.com

I purchase all my tea from them. Also, their hard copy catalog is awesome. I have attached a .pdf of the hard copy catalog for your convenience.

I especially recommend the Robert Fortune Blend 41 and the Japanese Gen-Mai Cha.

• Options
    @motie2, awesome! Thank you my friend! I will share this with my wife of British heritage.
  • Options
    @Londy3
    Well, no, I am a component level Electronics Bench Tech.  Cool vintage ashtray I found though huh😉

I too drink a lot of tea.  Unsweetened iced tea, hot tea, usually just plain ol’ Lipton brewed dark.  Also, Bigelow English Breakfast and Darjeeling, and  Celestial Seasonings Black Chai (The kind that is brewed that has black pepper in it).
  • Options
    Anyone drinking Lipton tea bags -- or almost any teabag -- owe it to themselves to try some top grade bulk teas.

http://uptontea.com is my preferred source.
  • Options
    107 page .pdf document, attached.

• Options
    You're too much @motie2 (in a good way)... Really do appreciate all of your research efforts. Sometimes I feel as if I'm back in college... You are definately making me a more knowledgeable person (if that's possible) 😲
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ -- If it didn't sound so..... I dunno: weird.... I'd find your post, above, .... uh.... heartwarming. Thank you.