Home General
Options

Good and Welfare

Comments

• Options
    @opipeman
    Just proves you have some redeeming qualities after all.

• Options
    @opipeman
    Excellent! You are, and should be, the happiest man alive!
  • Options
    @PappyJoe;
    I never would have figured.
  • Options
    @Londy;
    I used to tell my Fire Science Students that the secret to true happyiness is what you do for others. The older I get the more I believe that to be the case.
  • Options
    @opipeman
    True words my friend. 

• Options
  • Options
    @opipeman
    Great news!  Now go fight to those bastards in hell!  😂🤣
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    Or something I said?
  • Options
    The last post I remember was about the Second Amendment and I agreed, so it must be me!
  • Options
    ZouaveZouave Master
    @vtgrad2003 is just like my kids. Whenever I CANT hear them, I know something is wrong. 😁
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    Could be on vacation or God forbid, in the middle of some sort of crisis (health, family, etc.). 🤔

• Options
    The reason for my absence these past two months is that my wife Andrea has been stricken with a very aggressive form of dementia, and in less than two months she's gone from a perfectly functioning woman to mid to late stages Alzheimer. It's come on so quickly that I'm having difficulty adjusting to the changes. If this thing started with short term memory than slowly advanced with age it would be easier to adjust - but in the matter of days her symptoms get progressively worse to the point that she can't dress herself - refuses to eat or drink liquids (she's down to 90 lbs.) her cognoscente abilities are practically gone (can't operate the shower, kitchen sink, TV remote), and she's now suffering from paranoia and having hallucinations.
    Hard to believe on Feb 22 she was still making transactions in out check book - and somewhere between the 22nd and early April she deteriorated so quickly.
    Been to more doctors, Neurologists, and countless trips to the emergency room since then that's it's hard to keep track. And the real kick in the teeth is all the Mental Health facilities I asked for help are telling me they are not taking new patients at this time. Or scheduling an appoint for her sometime in July. I'm even trying to get her into Northwestern Hospital in Chicago for evaluation but they are booked until August. I'm afraid she won't last that long.
    She really need your prayers.      
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii
    Sorry to hear about your wife.  I know somewhat what it is like.  My mother dwindled, what I thought was pretty fast, but some forgetfulness had been showing for a few years.  She started having hallucinations and (auditory hallucinations?) about a year ago.  By October last year we had to get her into a memory care nursing home.  She is actually in the nursing home where she worked for 20 years as a head nurse.  She is starting to forget her children occasionally.  So far she has always remembered me, I happen to be the eldest, and it seems to me, people with this type of malady forget more recents events the soonest?  I wish the best for you, your wife, and family.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii
    Sorry to hear about your wife. A friend of ours had what was thought to be Parkinson's but turned out to be Lewy Body dementia, luckily his wife was able to get him into a lock down facility. Keep contacting facilities that may be able to care for her.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii;
    That disease is maybe one of the worse things that a family would have to deal with. We have never met, but I feel like we are family. I will pray for you both. You will need strength and courage to face what is ahead. Trust in God. Know that you are not alone.
  • Options
    @opipeman
    Dude, is there anything else to life than "work and fishing"? By the way, I wasn't expecting anything from your will because you're always complaining you ain't got no money anyway  :D 
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @ghostsofpompeii
    Again, in our prayers...
    🙏🏻
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    On it Ghost, your Wife and You were included in last nights' prayers. I will continue to include you and her. God Bless both of you. I went throuigh this with my Dad, very hard to deal with this but love DOES conquer all. Please get some help with her because my Mom ended up dying just from the stress and huge responsibility as they were insepearble. We had to finally put him in a facility for his last several months and that killed him and my Mom of broken hearts. My Dad was a former POW in WW2 and was to a great deal reliving his experience.

• Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    Good to have you back, Brother.