Home The Lounge
Options

Cherry milkshake blend

FozzieFozzie Apprentice
Hello all, somewhere in the multiple pages of This Pipe Life I saw a recipe for a blend called ‘Cherry Milkshake’. I ordered the components to blend this but now can’t find the recipe! Can anyone help? Thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Fozzie

First: Uh....no thank you..

Second: Maybe this post?

ocpunk714 MASTER
    February 2018 edited February 2018
    Still rocking with the Lane 1-Q in my Huckleberry Finn. Finally got around to bowl number 2 since it was raining yesterday. Didn’t properly get to enjoy the full experience. Now that I am sitting on my duff with my coffee, it is magical.

Lane 1-Q smells and tastes like one of my favorite strawberry milkshakes from a restaurant here in California. I feel like if someone were to try and take this from me, I’d chop their grubby little mitts off. pD
  • Options
    FozzieFozzie Apprentice
    No Motie. This was three separate tobaccos blended together. I wrote it down somewhere and you would think that in my tiny house I wouldn't lose stuff but here we are! I drive tractor trailer and am on the road for 6 weeks at a clip. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @ghostsofpompeii

@Fozzie seems to be describing a stacking. Can you help with this?
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Fozzie

Maybe this?

@trhoton Welcome to the amateur blenders club. I've created a few blends myself just by trial and error. And once you start feeling a little bit more adventurous you might buy some cheaper OTC blends and add food grade flavor additives like Watkins products such as pure vanilla, cocoa, anise, orange, root beer, rum, caramel. There are a variety of Watkins flavors I've used to make blends in addition to simply mixing and matching regular blends like you've described. I created a Root beer Float blend as well as a Dreamsickle blend through trial and error using Watkins flavors. Another thing you might try to enhance your smoking experience is stacking blends similar to the idea behind Neapolitan ice cream. For instance you might start with a layer of Vanilla Custard in the bottom of the bowl, a cherry flavored blend as the middle layer, and top it off with some Chocolate flavored blend like Sutliff Chocolate Mousse. And you'll end up with a smoke that taste like chocolate covered cherries. First you'll experience the initial light of the Chocolate. Soon the cherry will kick in - still with the chocolate mixed in. And then it finishes off with that blast of Vanilla Custard in combination with the smoldering embers of chocolate and cherry. It's a real flavor treat for the aromatic smoker. 
  • Options
    FozzieFozzie Apprentice
    That’s not it either. 😞 It was a recipe like Mrs. Hudson’s 221b Bakery but called “Cherry Milkshake”.  I will find it if I have to tear the truck apart bolt by bolt!
  • Options
    FozzieFozzie Apprentice
    Found it! I don’t know who created the recipe but I will give it a go. 
    Cherry Milkshake
    2 parts Lane BCA
    1 part Lane Very Cherry
    1 part Sutliff 1M Vanilla 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Fozzie

Cazart! I searched using every obvious search word. How’d you find it?
  • Options
    FozzieFozzie Apprentice
    I took everything out of  my truck and found where I’d written it down. The paper had slid under the bunk. 
  • Options
    @Fozzie and  @motie2   Since I'm not a big fan of cherry blend aromatics (although I do enjoy the now defunct Captain Black "Red Sky"), I wouldn't be the guy who dreamed up that concoction. But I must say it does sound interesting. And there is no greater joy to a pipe smoker than dabbling in a little blending and coming up with a blend that knocks your socks off. 
  • Options
    @Fozzie
    So, do you mix that milkshake or stack it?
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @RockyMountainBriar I certainly don't know, but try it both ways and give us a report...
  • Options
    From my little experience in trying to create sweet confection blends I assume it needs to be blended rather than stacked in order to get a cherry milkshake flavor from beginning to end. Stacking the blends makes for a great smoke as the different flavors come into play during the burning process. But for that consistent flavor throughout, I'd recommend mixing the blend. Then on another occasion, experiment a little by stacking the blends and see what type of flavor profile you get from that experience. Both variations may make for a great smoking experience. 
  • Options
    @Fozzie Looking for a follow-up review of your efforts. Did you create the blend yet - and if so are you blending or stacking?