Home The Lounge
Options

Furniture and You

Alright, favorite furniture item upon which you place your arse and enjoy a bowl, a bowl and a libation, or a bowl, a libation and chips (or carrots or whatever).  Mine happens to be a three-year old soft leather Lazy Boy recliner that envelopes me in cushioned comfort whilst I sip something mighty tasty in me pipe O' the day.

Comments

• Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
    I would love to have a nice leather smoking chair, however I have to do my smoking outside. So, I just sit in an old camping chair.
  • Options
    Outside, a nice Wicker Arm Chair with thick cushions next to the Patio Table and Umbrella. On the Porch, a nice padded chair with good back support next to a Chrome Pipe, glass topped end table with a large Blue Glass Pipe Ashtray and all my odds and ends at hand.
  • Options
    I've got one of those fold-up travel chairs that fits in a bag as if it were camping equipment. The type with the cup holder in the side, and when you sit down on it your ass is about six inches off the ground - and a bitch to get out of. Well ... that's my favorite smoking chair. Pretty sad isn't it. I wish I could say my favorite smoking chair was the love seat in the family room directly in front of my 52" flat screen TV where I usually plant my butt. But as you might imagine - that's 'inside' the house.  
  • Options
    Inside its my leather office chair and desk, outside its my fold-up portable chair.
  • Options
    I have a microfiber recliner that had a handle and ripcord assembly for releasing the latch for reclining. The damn cable broke after 3 years and I moved the chair into my garage for repair. Instead of giving up and tossing it in the garbage, I put a foot table in front of it and use it as my smoking chair in the garage.  (I replaced it in the house with a good leather recliner).

We have a patio porch swing in the back yard along with a variety of lawn chairs for when I smoke out back. Just about a week ago, I bought a metal bench and put it under a red maple tree in my front yard and I've been spending a lot of smoking time sitting on it. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Like @Hiker007's wife, SWMBO will not let me smoke in the house. 
    (Frankly, I count myself lucky that she permits me to do it at all.)
    So, in amiable weather, I smoke mostly sitting on one of the chairs around the table on the rear deck. 
  • Options
    If I smoke in the backyard where the mosquitoes normally dwell I sit in the convertible picnic table which can be either a picnic table or fold back to become two benches. I usually fold back one section as a bench and leave the other in the table position so I have something to put my beverage on as I smoke. Nine times out of ten the feral cat who had adopted us sits besides me begging for attention or on the table sniffing what's in my cup and demanding my attention. Either way she's become my constant smoking companion. 
  • Options
    Well this is quite odd. One day after posting pictures of my Dragon Claw pipe on The Daily Briar Photoshoot I broke the pipe. And now two days after responding to this topic about my favorite smoking chair I broke the folding travel chair I sit in when smoking outdoors. I dropped my lighter, reached over to pick it up off the ground - and the damn chair snapped and I ended up on the ground next to my lighter. Is this the beginning of The Pipeline Curse? I sure hope not after posting all those pictures of my pipes. What's next ... my house being swallow-up in a sinkhole?    
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @ghostsofpompeii -- I once composed a ceremony which, when performed before a game by an entire section of fans, lifted a curse on the NY Rangers. It was written up in the Jersey Journal.

I've got your back if you need help.
  • Options
    PhilosoPiperPhilosoPiper Connoisseur
    I have a beautiful vin-tique armchair that belonged to my grandmother that (I am currently having it re-upholstered in leather) I would LOVE to be my pipe chair. 

Unfortunately I am regulated to the outdoors and that means patio furniture, luckily for me the outdoor bistro chairs we have are quite comfortable. 
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    We love our Stickley furniture. My big leather Morris Chair and foot stool is the ultimate pipe smoking chair. The wide wood arms make a great place to keep my requisites at hand!
  • Options
    A run of bad luck, they usually run in threes so you've had yours. I was working at the NY Daily News till 2 AM. MY Wife called to tell me the oven on our stove had given up, so I told her I'd take care of it, When I got home I made a cup of tea and when I got out the milk it was warm, the old Fridge had died. I went into the living room and turned on the TV, you got it, the old Zenith Console that I  kept alive all those early years of marriage just blew. The salesman at "Trader Horn's" Appliance Store thought he'd gone to heaven. 
  • Options