Home Pipes & Tools
Options

WDC Wellington

If you were to have asked me yesterday about my modest pipe collection, I would have said that I have a relatively new MM Cobbit Dwarf and about a half dozen old Petersons that I've been smoking for years. However, I've just discovered that there is an imposter hiding in the midst of the Petersons.

The pipe in question is not the Peterson that it appears to be at all, but rather a WDC Wellington. It is a P-Lip system pipe, and from my perspective looks and smokes as fine as any of my actual Petersons. Consequently, its true identity had easily gone undetected.

I was just curious to see if anyone else here has,or has had, a Wellington pipe. It's been so many years, that I honestly don't recall how I acquired this one.

Comments

• Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    The William Demuth Company (WDC) apparently began producing pipes and other "smoking articles" in NYC sometime around 1862. In addition to the Wellington, they also offered a number of other pipes including the Royal Demuth and Hesson Guard lines. All of this seems to have ended in 1976.