Home General
Options

Arborea - My New Tobacco App

Hello all!

I have been working on a tobacco app for a while to help you track your reviews, cellar, and pipes in your collection. I am pleased to announce that it is now up on the respective app stores!

Just to be clear up front, it IS a paid app.

If you guys check it out, I hope you enjoy it and please feel free to send me any feedback you have.

You can find it on the Google Play Store here.

You can find it on the iTunes App Store.

Thanks all!

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @BriarThePipeSmoker -- Congratulations on your effort. I for one will eagerly await early reviews!!! Hope to hear more from you around TPL.
  • Options

Isn't Prince Barin the King of Arboria? " Flash Gordon." Just Kidding.

Thank you for all the hard work I'll be sure to check it out.

• Options
    @briarthepipesmoker - You joined the forum in May 2016 and just now made your 1st post to try and sell us your app? Why not tell us who you are and participate in the forum instead. 

I don't think This Pipe Life was created so people could come on here one time to advertise what they are selling. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Gently, Pappy, gently. We don't have to buy it. (I wrote that I'd be looking for early reviews....) Moreover, if the gentleman (?) had not posted , I/we never would have heard of the app.
  • Options
    PhilosoPiperPhilosoPiper Connoisseur
    @Motie2 and @PappyJoe

I went to the appstore to investigate the app and discovered that @BriarThePipeSmoker is the same Briar from The Country Squire Radio as well as the President of the pipe-club there in Jackson. 
    Which in my opinion grants him some credibility.

However as the app is pay to use, I am going to wait for some reviews to begin rolling in before I make the plunge myself. 
  • Options
    I apologize for coming across as a scummy solicitor. I hadn't realized this was my first post here.

As some backstory of who I am, and as was previously mentioned, I am indeed the Briar from The Country Squire Radio. I'm good friends with Jon David and Beau. I'm the developer of Satchel, which I'm sure Beau has mentioned once or twice.

I got into pipe smoking about, 5 years ago or so, when I realized that I was 19 and had been able to smoke for a year. So I decided to go out and get some cigars, and The Country Squire was the first result after a quick google search. This was back when Ms. Reeves was still around, and after visiting a couple times she helped convince to get into pipes. In hindsight I figured with a name like mine, my choices were either to become a pipe smoker or a princess. Or both.

I once again apologize. My intention was never to come on here once and advertise.
  • Options
    @briarthepipesmoker - participation is key. If I had known who you were I probably wouldn't have said anything in the open forum. I see This Pipe Life as a community where pipe smokers can meet and express their views with little censorship from the admin. There is a sell or trade discussion on here and that's fine as its between active members (and no one has been screwed over... yet). 

And I didn't say you were a scummy solicitor. But then again you are friends with Beau....
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
  • Options
    Sorry I offended anyone by pointing out making the first post a solicitation is not the best way to introduce yourself. To me is like knocking on your front door and trying to sell you a magazine subscription.

I'm not the This Pipe Life forum police so you can sell what you want on here. At least Beau had fun taking me to task publicly on the podcast.
  • Options
    pylornspylorns Apprentice
    Well least you didn't steal my code like some people.  Congrats on the app briar.  
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @PappyJoe -- No worries, mate. I just want to keep TPL a place where no one gets jumped on. As you've pointed out, other pipe forums have fallen victim to flame wars. Let's keep chastisements to gently worded constructive criticism. 

43e4a2ce44d181b93495f44632f045be
  • Options
    @motie2 - And I would like TPL to stay free of people just jumping in and using the forum as a venue to make money. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    I am with you on that @PappyJoe. Absolutely.
     Just asking for a lighter touch when sheriffing.* 

*A sheriff is the chief civil-law enforcement officer of his or her jurisdiction.
  • Options
    I apologize for anything I may have directly or indirectly started.

I certainly agree that it doesn't make for a great community for people to just show up out of the blue and try to sell their stuff. I know I hadn't participated recently, but I thought I had built up a bit more of a community presence. Obviously I was mistaken, and for that I apologize.

As far as the CSR stuff goes, I did mention to Beau what had happened on here merely because I thought it was funny, and that Beau would also find it entertaining. I had no intention of portraying you as the bad guy @PappyJoe, or to even say that you're in the wrong.

Re: the app, I have pushed out an update that fixes several things, including a problem people were having with adding some tobaccos.

Shortly I will be releasing an update that fixes a problem with images, as well as adds a data export feature.
  • Options
    While I haven't played around with the app yet, I've downloaded it onto my phone and plan on using it. I've been wanting a good pipe app for my iphone, and this looks like it'll fit my needs. Thanks for the heads up and creating the app!
  • Options
    BriarThePipeSmoker Arborea looks pretty good so far.  Still a little buggy, but it is pretty easy to use and straight forward.  It has been useful in keep tracking of my cellar, and open tobacco.  A feature you might consider adding is something to let you know if you have a pipe dedicated to a particular blend or tobacco.  Right now I am doing it in the Pipe notes and it has been rather useful. 
  • Options
    I'm giving it a try @BriarThePipeSmoker  I need something to help keep me straight :)
  • Options
    About CSR.. My wife knew I was really serious about smoking my pipe again when she caught me listening and laughing along to the live CSR show this Monday night.  I get up early (5am) Eastern and I stayed up Monday night to listen and watch live.  
  • Options
    I just sent some Aborarea feedback after 5 minutes.   Needs a way to add other tobacco and pipe manufacturers not in the database.

Like the potential of the app though.  I had started making a spreadsheet to do something similar.