Home Ask an Expert
Options

High Nicotine Aromatic

Does such an animal exist?
I'm coming off cigarettes and could use something with some punch once in awhile. However, if it smells like a cigar or cig SWMBO will put me outside for sure. She barely tolerates it in the house now, no matter how good it smells.

Comments

• Options
    @Ray98362 I'm a real lightweight when it comes to nicotine and get light-headed and sick to my stomach shortly after a strong nic-hit. And since the majority of my smoking is aromatic blends you might ask ... how is it possible to get a nic-hit off aromatics? The cause might be the solution to your problem. I bought four ounces of Blending Perique from P&C a while back out of curiosity. I'd heard so much about Virginia Perique blends that it ... well ... piqued my interest. The pouch note smells like goat urine on a bale of starw ... but never fear ... the room note isn't that off-putting. And since I've never dared smoke it by itself I don't expect to find out anytime soon. But have on several occasions mixed it with what-ever aromatic blend I happen to be smoking. And what it does is make the smoke much fuller and richer, occasionally toning down the sweetness from a highly cased aromatic while enhances the flavor somewhat. And depending upon the amount added during the mixing process - it can add the nicotine jolt your require without the strong scent of an English blend. So the simple act of adding a little Blending Perique to what-ever pleasant smelling aromatic you're presently smoking might be the ticket for keeping both you and your wife happy.     
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @Ray98362 -- Thank God every day that SWMBO "barely tolerates it in the house now, no matter how good it smells."

I'm smoking the delectable Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Blend, and SWMBO doesn't allow me to smoke in the house; not now, not ever. 

• Options

I'm making more and more typos. For a once professional keyboard player my fingers and brain don't seem to have that connection they once did. Not sure of it's my finger, eyes, or brain.

Several years ago I had a habit of going to my Yahoo Horror Sites late at night after taking an Ambien - just for a little routine moderating duties ... and make sure there were no flame wars in progress that needed to be dealt with. I knew that after about 20 minutes the Ambien would begin to take effect so I tried wrapping things up before then. But invariably on some occasion I'd find myself involved in some long winded message and pass the point of no return. That moment when the Ambien takes over and you're no longer in control of your thought process. The next morning I'd wake up and read what I wrote the night before - and didn't remember writing any of it. You could literally see me drifting away as the message got longer. The spelling was beyond atrocious. Sometimes it appears I was just tapping at random keys. The message rambled on, going from one topic to another ... none having anything to do with the original message (much like what's happening now). Thankfully I never said anything offensive or out of line. Which would have been quite possible since I had no filtering mechanism between my brain and fingers. Well I learned my lesson. So when you see typos and rambling messages it's got nothing to do with Ambien ... I'm just losing my mind a piece at a time.    

• Options
    @ghostsofpompeii  LOL don't feel bad, I know I'm losing my mind one piece at a time and can't blame any meds for it too.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @ghostsofpompeii -- A nice hot cup of covfefe will fix you right up!!!!
  • Options
    @motie2 That's funny. With a vocabulary like that you should run for President.
  • Options
    @motie2:  he shoots, he scores!  Very timely humor, good sir.

@ghostsofpompeii:  also a funny story regarding ambien's affects on you. I wish I could blame some of my ramblings and occasional vicious assault on the English language through misspellings and clumsy sentence structures on something other than sloppiness and perhaps insomnia but I really can't.

I'm hoping someone knows of a high-nic aromatic.  Frankly most of the English blends I've tried so far with alleged high nic content haven't really hit me all that hard (Dunhill Nightcap, C&D Haunted Bookshop to name a few).
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @jim102864 -- Howdy! Have you put <<high nicotine aromatic pipe tobacco>> into "The Google"???

• Options

Ghosts; Ah yes, Sitting around the campfire with the other Hippies saying profound thoughts, I never wrote them down, they would have scared the hell out of me.

I don't know if any of the "Twists" or "Ropes" are aromatic but they're famous for their Nic hit. 

• Options

Lane Burley Light without a bite is on the strong side.

• Options
    Thanks for all the help guys!