Home General
Options

The Allman Brothers Band

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen I realize this comment has nothing to do with pipietobacco but I couldn't let this opportunity go bye without making a small comment about the death of Butch Trucks and Gregg Allman.The world is a lesser place without your presence. R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    xDutchxxDutchx Master

If one finds themselves passing thru Macon, GA., the Allman Brothers Band Museum is right off I-75 just south of Atlanta. Also in the immediate vicinity are the crash sites where Duane Allman and Berry Oakley had their motorcycle wrecks.

In my neck of the woods, the band has always held a special place in the hearts of their fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBFp0YDQ9kQ

• Options

Yeah, I was lucky enough to catch them a Filmore East when they were the opening act, They were so great we wouldn't let them leave the stage. if I remember right Blood, Sweat and Tears was the Top Billing and David Clayton Thomas was pissed the place really rocked that night. 

• Options
    These past few years have been especially hard for musicians we Baby Boomers grew up listening to. Many of my rock and roll heroes have left us and I don't expect much of a let up anytime soon.  
  • Options
    I understand Gregg Allman will be buried next to his brother at Rose Hill cemetery.Also recommend the book Please Be With Me by Galadrielle Allman,great book.