Home General
Options

"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" To Our Lady Pipers & The Women In Our Lives Who Put Up With Our Smoking

This MOTHER'S DAY Greeting is for all the Lady Pipers in our Community as well as the women in our lives who both support and begrudgingly put up with our hobby. To our Mother's ..."we love you and thank you for the gift of birth" ... To our Wives and significant others ... "we love you and thank you for everything you do each day to make life worth living" ... and to all the Women Of The World who have experienced both the joy and occasional frustrations of Motherhood ... "we salute you on your Special Day". "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"  

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    "God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." ~ Rudyard Kipling (?)

Anna Jarvis petitioned Woodrow Wilson to make Mother's Day an official holiday (1914). To honor her mother’s memory, she wore a white carnation. It became the tradition to bring one’s mother a pink carnation or, if one’s mother was no longer living, to wear a white carnation. In time, this tradition expanded to full bouquets, poetry, and small gifts. 

One of the earliest records of a mother receiving flowers from her child takes place in Genesis. “And Reuven went in the days of wheat harvest, and found mandrakes in the field, and brought them to his mother Leah” (Genesis 30:14). According to legend, Leah gave mandrakes to Rachel in return for having Jacob come to her tent. 

Proverbs 31:10-31 is a 21-verse poem known as “A Woman of Valor.” Tradition teaches that it was written by King Solomon as a tribute to his mother, Batsheva. 
  • Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    Happy Mother's Day to all!!
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    A day to sit back and enjoy a pipe, while peacefully reflecting upon the creative genius of the late Frank Zappa.
  • Options
    Me and the kids both wished their Mom a Happy Mother's Day. 
  • Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
    My mom disproves of my smoking and my wife allows me to enjoy my hobby. Wishing them both a Happy Mother's Day.