Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Extreme Pipe Cleaning for very filthy caked up estate pipes and others....

13»

Comments

• Options
    @jfreedy I raise Bees so I have wax when I sling the honey but last batch I did I was not happy with, didn't clean it enough and did a fast melt so was darker than I like and had a stronger odor to it, not the typical sweet bees wax I am used to.
  • Options
    @jfreedy Wolf is an apiarist he gets his wax from his hives.
  • Options
    Corey562Corey562 Master
    edited November 2017
    @jfreedy    Hobby lobby carries a pack of micro pads that go up to 12000 grit when used up to 4000 dry then wet for 6 to12000 it will bring out a good shine it is what I do before I get ready to put them to the buffing wheel. They only cost about 8 or 9 dollars a pack. 
  • Options
    A good video on the alcohol and salt treatment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8If9ml6HqI
  • Options
    @Corey562 I didn't know you can get micromesh pads at Hobby Lobby. I have been using online ordering. The wife frequents HL so I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the info...
  • Options
    mapletopmapletop Master
    edited November 2022
    A couple of weeks ago I was using a reamer to clean the cake out of my work pipes as they get used daily and once or twice a year need to be opened back up.
    The problem is that the radius at the bottom of many pipe bowels is not the same as the reamer or if you use a Senior pipe reamer either the newer or older design you can't clean all the way down especially on smaller pipes without tearing up the lower portion of the bowl.
    I have a couple of pipe knives but they have their short comings because they don't afford a good grip and tend to flex, So I remembered a tool I used to use when I was young for occasional deburring and scraping.
    So I purchased one of these, its a General Tool # 478 Triangle Scraper (hardened steel), about $12 on amazon, Man does it work well for me.
    Triangular Scraper

• Options
    vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited November 2022
    Thanks for the heads up! I gotta get one of them thar things! Ain't nothin more frustratin than an old man (namely me) that can't clean his pipes all the way  :D
    My reamer just broke...lookin for a new one as we speak!