Home General
Options

We Hippies And Our Water Pipes

Water pipes. Now that's something I don't see much of anymore. Big decorative Hookahs ... sure. But those smaller glass water pipes that were once the rage in the 60s'  ... not at all. Don't even think I've seen any in an antique shop or second hand store. But during the 60s' it seemed like everyone had one whether they were a briar or corn cob pipe smoker or not. And not all of them were for marijuana. I can recall visiting my long-haired hippie friends and there was always a water pipe sitting on a side table, book shelf, or next to the stereo turntable.. Some filled with water - others with wine. Wondering if anyone here still has an old water pipe laying around - and if you use it.    

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @ghostsofpompeii -- You wrote about <<those smaller glass water pipes that were once the rage in the 60s>>  

The last time I smoked one of those ('twas back in the 1960's) I was channeling Judas Priest:

Breaking the law, breaking the law
  • Options
    My dad was actually the first person to suggest using wine in the bottle instead of water. So that old Archie Bunker Dad of mine did have a wild streak in him that I wasn't aware of.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @ghosts0fpompeii -- We used "Pagan Pink Ripple" and "Boone's Farm." 

It was stupidity on parade; we were glorious idiots.
  • Options
    I had a 2 hose one that sat on the Console of my 65 Pontiac GTO, my buddy and I used to smoke it while driving, it got us pulled over a time or two so got rid of it. (Cops have no sense of humor).
  • Options
    @Woodsman I love GTOs. I had a 1968 with the hide-away headlights that got stolen. Then bought a 67 Firebird which was stolen as well. The GTO was taken from the Steel Mill parking lot while I was at work. And the Firebird from the parking lot of a restaurant. So my next car was a 69 GTO and someone plowed into the rear end when my wife was driving and completely totaled it. Damn near killed my wife in the process. So after all the misfortune we had with sporty cars my insurance agent from State Farm Insurance gave me a list of cars they would only insure me for ... and I ended up with a stinking Chevy Vega.
  • Options
    Funny post and funny because while looking for pipes and pipe accessories  on a bunch of different sites I have seen new water style pipes on Ebay and Amazon, thought it might be interesting to try new home mixed blend in but thought about it and decided it might change to blend a little and that would not be good.  Now on the other hand if Kentucky decides to make Medicinal Marijuana legal I might think about getting one, I think medicinal would help me a lot but will not smoke it or eat it until it is legal....to many blood tests at all my doctors offices to chance it!
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    These days, when I am consulted regarding the marihuana conundrum, I try to persuade folks to avoid illegal substances.  
    If one is arrested, the punishment hereabouts is almost always severely disproportionate to the crime.
    Those who do not like the law as it is should work to have it changed. Get it on the ballot; let the voters decide. 

As either Robbie Williams, A. Proverb, or Baretta said many times, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time." 
    But, if you do:
    Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 11.22.38 AM<giggle>