Home General
Options

A few photos from the 2017 TAPS pipe show in Raleigh, NC

My son Seth and I had a great time this weekend at the Triangle Area Pipe Smoker's annual Pipe & Tobacco Expo pipe show in Raleigh, NC. Last year we noticed that several people who were attending Saturday's show seemed to know one another, so when we asked them about it, we learned that they had attended the Friday night reception where they got to meet and greet other attendees as well as the vendors.  This year we were determined to make the Friday night event so I drove over to Raleigh after work (In High Point, NC) and Seth just happened to be returning from a business trip to Phoenix and was flying back into Raleigh.  

Though it was windy and crazy-cold on the patio we got to meet and connect with a number of folks, and if you ever attend a similar show I highly recommend attending all the optional social events. The bulk of your memories of the show will be the personal interactions, not the pipe and tobacco acquisitions.    

IMG_2001IMG_2003IMG_2005 

IMG_2008IMG_2025IMG_2033IMG_2035IMG_2036 
IMG_2030
IMG_2031

Not sure why some of these pics are upside sown and sideways, but you get the idea.  I failed to get any wide shots of the main event, but there are a couple pics of the Lane table, Basil Meadow's table and a number of the YTPC (Youtube Pipe Community) folks who were hanging out in the smoking lounge.

Now the question is, who is heading to Chicago? 

Comments