Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Clay, Ceramic Pipes

Recently I've noticed a bit more availablity of clay pipes than in the last few years. The new batch seems to come from Germany instead of England or Holland.
Does anyone remember hollow-bodied clay ceramic pipes? I think that Peltier still makes them, but there was a time back in the '70s and '80s that the things were almost ubiquitous in tobacco shops. And fairly cheap.  Many of them had a kind of Delft artwork stencil or decal on the bowl. They smoked well for the cost unless you were a hard smoker. Are these things still around?

Comments

• Options

Hitz, It's been approximately 5 years since I have added any of the Delft Zenith Christmas pipes to my collection, but they used to show up regularly on ebay. I managed to score several unsmoked models, still in their original box. Here is a pic I found on the internet, which is very similar to the ones I have in my collection.

853480323_tp

I also have a very small pocket pipe in this style, with a rotating stem. However, it isn't one of the dated Christmas pipes. The neat thing about it, is it is shaped like a wooden shoe. Here is a pic of my Design Berlin Premier, and in the background you can see the Dutch shoe pocket pipe, as well as a matching Delft humidor.

DSC00179