Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Small tobacco samples for sale

Want to try a new tobacco blend, but don't want to buy 1.75 to 2 oz. of tobacco only to find out you don’t like it? Sample any of over thirty tobacco blends for as little as $2.49 each. The tobacco samplers contain an ounce of tobacco, just enough to fill a standard pipe bowl a couple of times.  Tobaccos are ranked based on popularity and past sales.   http://www.eacarey.com/ea-carey-pipe-tobacco-sample-cup.html

I think this is a real good idea, and a real value. I've ordered a bunch.

Comments

• Options
    Here are the blends, available as samples and described at http://www.eacarey.com/careyblends.htmlScreen Shot 2017-03-31 at 5.24.47 PM

I'm really not a shill. I just want them to keep doing this, because even at these prices, I can't order at once everything I want to try. I've had two of their blends, and I enjoyed them, especially the Classic Black. But they were too tobacco-y for me, and I wasn't really aware of what was going on with me (This was last summer, when I resumed pipe smoking after putting down my pipes for decades.) 

Now, I've already admitted elsewhere in TPL, that whereas I really enjoy smoking my pipes, I no longer really enjoy the taste of tobacco per se. Aa a result, I generally smoke the sweet, heavily flavored and cased blends from Sutliff -- less tobacco taste and more nice smelling, sweet tasting smoke. I know this is heresy:before the hiatus I only smoked English blends and VaPers; my favorites were Balkan Sobranie and Cope's Escudo. Mea culpa

When I resumed smoking, I did some serious "internet research" (aka "hours better spent on other endeavors") regarding pipes and pipe smoking, some of which I've offered, elsewhere, as .pdfs.   I now have a nice little library, a hard drive full of a summer month's research concerning pipe stuff. For example, I have 22 files on "Smoking a Pipe," and 7 distinct shape charts.I found more than 20 credible pipe tobacco review sites. There's a lot of stuff out there. Well, thank you for indulging my data dump. If you need "Towards a Theology of Pipe Smoking" (83 pages, incl. titles etc.), "The Art of Pipesmanship," (12 pages) or Weber's "Art of Pipe Smoking," (60 pages)all as .pdf's, get me your email address. 
  • Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
    @motie2 - Thanks for the info. I am new to pipe smoking and would enjoy a copy of those PDFs files. My email address is brogregw@gmail.com.
  • Options
    @Hiker007 -- They're on the way!