Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Online Tobacco

Usually order pipe tobacco from Pipes and Cigars,we have all heard about the problems at that establishment.May I suggest The Country Squire.Great web page and easy ordering.Wide selection of pipe tobacco and cigars.Great costumer service.

Comments

• Options
    dbh1950dbh1950 Newcomer
    buflosab, I have always had good service from P&C, my most recent order was filled within a week of placement. I understand from others that they have been updating their computer system. Agree with Country Squire, particuarly like their Parson's Blend. 
    Not having a pipe and tobacco store within a decent drive, I rely on the online resources, having dealt with a half dozen pipe and tobacco shops online, I have had nothing but positive service along with great value. 
  • Options
    I have never had a problem with Pipes and Cigars except I need to quit buying pipe tobacco.  I have way more than I need.
  • Options
    SERENTILSERENTIL Newcomer
    So far, I have only purchased from P&C and SmokingPipes.com.   Very pleased with them both but SmokingPipes.com just rose a bit above P&C for me as of my last order. I will definitely give The Country Squire a look! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    It's hard for me to quit shopping at P&C because a few of my favorite blends are exclusively from them ... like the Russ Monthly Blends and the Out Of Office tinned tobacco products. I've also been wanting to try several of Scotty's blends - and figured I might do that while they're having a bulk tobacco sale. I've been pretty lucky with them so I'll continue to deal with them until I find myself experiencing some of the difficulties I've heard mentioned here.
  • Options
    I went back and ordered from P&C on April 8. Today I received a "Your order has shipped" email. I hope everyone else is finding things settling down at P&C. A lot of us were heavily dependent on (or at least accustomed to) ordering from them.
  • Options
    Some folks are highly respected in the industry, and no amount of software problems, and orders being shipped late will ever change that. At least not with most of us, who have been around for awhile.
  • Options
    I've purchased from P&C,SmokingPipes. Mars, 4Noggins, and Iwan Ries. Probably 75% of my tobacco purchases are with P&C. I had no problems with my latest order; it came promptly. The fact that I ordered nothing that is "trendy" at all probably helped.
  • Options
    YThanks for the comments,Still reluctant to order from P&C,have the problems been solved? Any info would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I'd agree with many of the comments above. What-ever issue P&C may have had are resolved. My orders have been coming in like clockwork. And my problem is similar to @jh92084ca I'm still ordering too much tobacco. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    This pipe smoking time around, after an almost thirty year hiatus, I have only purchased tobacco from P&C, Smokingpipes, and E.A. Carey. Have had nothing but good experiences with all of them since last summer. I tend to favor P&C.
  • Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
    @ghostsofpompeii I noticed the other day P&C had a few tins of Out of Office in their clearance section for 3.77 a tin.
  • Options
    @Hiker007 You can't beat the price for tinned tobacco. Although my favorite Out Of Office Blend is "Gone Fishing" and I see it's out of stock. The vanilla, rum, and cherry blend are not bad - and for the price well worth picking up. I've yet to crack the whiskey blend, but that's because my expectations are so low. Got it as part of the sampler collection. I'm sure I'll pop it open sometime soon. Chances are when I do it will prove to be amazing - and discover soon afterwards it's sold out. I think once their stock of Out Of Office tins are sold out they won't return.
  • Options
    P&C has always been my go to source for tobacco, never any issues.
  • Options
    My last offer came in on time and 1 tin back ordered. That's not a big deal.
  • Options
    You've got to move fast when any dealer has a special with limited supply, it sometimes seem they're out of stock the minute I've ordered. I got a message once that something I wanted was in stock, I immediately went to order and... out of stock of course.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    I've been reading online about Cornell & Diehl's new "Hebraica" releases and the reviews at http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/search#q=Cornell & Diehl Hebraica Series have been less than stellar. C&D is a tobacconist with a fine reputation. Has anyone had any experience with this series?
  • Options
    I've read the reviews but was not moved to order any of the blends.