Home General
Options

How many bowls a day

Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
How many bowls a day do you smoke? Do you use a different pipe each day?

Comments

• Options

@Hiker007 Since I'm mainly an outdoors smoker the amount of bowls I smoke in a day can vary significantly. In spring, summer, and fall I might have as many as four bowls in a day. Whereas in the winter, depending upon how cold it is I might just have one or two. When it's cold I'll smoke in the garage, provided it's not ungodly cold. I've got a small space heater but that's pretty useless on a day when the temperature is well under freezing. When I crave an afternoon smoke on a cold day I'll retreat to the smallest bathroom in the house, turn on the vent fan, and smoke a bowl there. But on those frigid winter days I'll usually wait until my wife has gone to sleep at the complete other end of the house and then I'll smoke an evening bowl in the family room ... followed-up by masking my scent as best I can with air freshener. That's why I'm so happy spring is right around the corner.

And as for the pipe situation. I usually smoke a different pipe with each bowl, as well as a different blend of tobacco.  

• Options
    I'm able to smoke indoors at home and smoke seven or eight bowls a day. I have nine pipes. Five cobs, three briars and a falcon. I'll smoke anything in the cobs but find certain ones do better with certain tobaccos. One of the briars is dedicated to English blends. The other two I smoke only Virginia and VaPers in them. I'm still trying to find the spot in the rotation for the falcon but right now it's mostly for VaPers.
  • Options
    @Saintbubbles Do you use the Keystone clay absorbing stones in the Falcon to absorb moisture or do you simply wipe it out after each bowl? At the time I owned mine I was unaware of the Keystones filtration stones - so my Falcon always smelled so badly by the end of the day if I didn't constantly unscrew the bowl and dab out the moisture. I was almost turned off to pipe smoking because of that pipe because it gave me a visual representation of the gunk and tar that was left behind after smoking. And if you were dumb enough to look up in the sky for whatever reason and have that fluid run down your pipe stem and into your mouth it was enough to gag a maggot ... and damn near impossible to get that taste out of your mouth.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii I just wipe it out once I'm finished. I've never heard of the filtration stones. Honestly, it's my least favorite pipe. I got it in a trade to find out if I like the system. My budget doesn't allow me to buy a lot of pipes and with their price I thought a collection of bowls and stems could be an budget friendly way to smoke. It might be bowl shape I don't like. I don't know. I thought about buying another bowl but bought two more cobs for cheaper and I really like the way they smoke.