Home General
Options

Flavored Aromatics ... Vanilla, Chocolate, Maple, Fruit, Or Liquor ... What Is Your Favorite?

When seeking out a flavored aromatic blend what flavor do you prefer ... sweet vanilla, caramel, or honey flavors more like bakery goods - a nice maple or maple and rum - chocolate or cocoa - peach, cherry, berry or tropical fruit flavors - or do you prefer a whiskey, rum, or wine flavored aromatic blend?   

Comments

• Options
    I smoke all different flavors of aromatic during the year. It just depends on the mood that hits me.
  • Options
    I guess rum, vanilla, maple and caramel, in no particular order.
    Molto Dolce, Barbados Plantation, and Maple Street -- I've finally come around to admitting that whereas I enjoy smoking, I don't particularly care for tobacco anymore, so the sweet Sutliff aromatics suit me just fine. Or am I a heretic?
  • Options
    Other than the bacon flavored tobacco I've heard mentioned here I don't believe I've ever heard any mention of salty flavored treats like potato or corn chips, popcorn, Cheetos; or meat flavored products like beef brisket, pork chops, St, Louis or Texas barbecued ribs, pulled pork, mesquite chicken, Italian meatballs, or other such nonsense. Since flavor designers are always coming up with new flavors for potato chips - such as Lays Potato Chips which has yearly contests for new off the wall flavors. I would think some wacky tobacconist might have done some experiments for unique flavors. After all ... did come up with bacon. 
  • Options
    .....and yet garlic flavored tobacco exists.....
  • Options
    I already started a discussion on tobacco breath and a way to avoid it. But couple that after smoke stench with a garlic tobacco blend and I doubt that a box of Altoids could help.   
  • Options
    Vanilla is my preferred aromatic flavor but am curious about maple.  I do not recall smoking any maple aromatics.  Perhaps someone could recommend a good maple to try? 
  • Options
    I enjoyed Sutliff Maple Street for several months until I discovered their Barbados Plantation, a rum blend.
  • Options
    @motie2 Add to your next tobacco order the Sutliff blend Rum And Maple ... the best of both worlds. 
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- Thanks for the recommendation. I've always avoided bulk tobaccos, except from brick and mortars where i could see how the blends were stored. I remember a Rum and Maple OTC blend back in the day, and it was.... shall we say, not very good. 

But because I'm sweet on Sutliff  -- extremely labored pun intended -- and on your recommendation, I'll give their rum and maple a try. 

But the real question is: Is it better than Barbados Plantation?
  • Options
    @motie2 Never tried Barbados Plantation so I can't make an honest evaluation ... but of the maple flavored tobacco blends I've tried ... and there have been quite a few - I'd rank Sutliff Rum and Maple at or near the top. Also like their Maple Walnut but suggested Rum & Maple because it had a bit of both flavors that make up Barbados Plantation. Great name for a tobacco. Might make for a good discussion at some point in time ... best name for a tobacco blend.
  • Options
    Anyone try Stanwell Melange? I just purchased a tin and it arrived yesterday. I will be opening the tin this weekend and taking it for a test drive. The reviews were good for the most part, and the perceived flavors and notes mentioned were just too 'sexy" not to try.
  • Options
    After trying several fruit flavored aromatic tobaccos I've come to the conclusion that vanilla, chocolate, and maple seem to come the closest to actually tasting the way they smell in the pouch. With the exception of Captain Black Grape all other fruit flavored tobaccos taste too artificial. Cherry flavored tobacco seems to be the worse of the lot, tasting like cough drops with the bitter aftertaste of artificial sweetener. With the exception of Out Of Office - Civic Duty which is a cherry blend that has barely a hint of actual cherry flavor in it ... it's the only cherry blend I can tolerate. There are a few Sutliff fruit flavored blends I have yet to try, so before I completely write off fruit flavored tobacco I'll pick-up a select few and give them a whirl.  
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii - Thank you again for your help.
  • Options
    glohmanglohman Newcomer
    1. Orange
    2. Maple
    3. whiskey
  • Options
    pwkarch -- anything to report on the Stanwell Melange? You have me curious.....

• Options
    Yeah Motie.....had my first bowl earlier today. Fresh out of the tin after opening. It was fairly dry and did not cause any charing or lighting issues. I smoked it slow and soft in a cob, one light after the char. The first half or so were a little "bitey" I thought. I was a little disappointed because the Stanwell description included Apricots, Raisins, fruity flavors, etc. I got almost no distinguishable particular fruit notes and I can only relate that there were some "sweet" tastes detected. Believe it or not I thought the main flavor that I got was coffee! This was hours after I had my morning java so it was not an after taste. Lately I have been picking up "salty" notes so maybe my 'tasters" are off or something....I am having sinus and allergy issues already this spring. That does not explain however how my other tobaccos smoked taste like they are supposed to other than Sutliff Vanilla Cream recommended by Ghost which was a GREAT smoke......but I got salted buttered pop corn out of that one (but that was fine by me, an excellent smoke.....I am very happy to have taken the heads' up and ordered some).

So I will try it again in a day or so perhaps in a briar just to see what happens. It was a decent smoke, it just was not what was advertised or inferred by me, or what my taste buds and olfactory sensors could pick up. I was looking for a "fruity" smoke as a change of pace and taste. I have a few other 'fruity" blends that I will try as well as a comparison.   
  • Options
    @pwkarch -- Thank you for the review.