Home General
Options

Do Yo Smoke A Specific Blend Throughout The Day - Or Change Up?

When presenting the discussion on tobacco pouches I mentioned in passing that I smoked a variety of blends throughout the day and seldom smoked the same blend twice in a day. What is your practice? Do you smoke the same blend all day long or switch it up? And are you the type of pipe smoker that once you open a fresh tin or pouch of tobacco do you smoke the entire contents before moving on to another?  

Comments

• Options
    Morning pipes: Bootlegged
    Afternoon pipes: Smyrna
    Evening pipes: Frog Morton
    bonus pipes: The Mind Meld - Latakia
  • Options
    If I only have the opportunity to smoke 1 bowl I smoke 1 blend, if I'm able to smoke 2 or more,I change up.
  • Options
    I usually change up.
  • Options
    I smoke multiple blends during the day, and keep 20 or more blends in rotation.
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    One blend at a time for me. I've always rotated pipes, but it's never really occurred to me to do the same with tobacco. Unless I'm trying to do some creative mixing, my practice is to finish one pouch or tin before moving on to another.
  • Options
    I rotate among five pipes, albeit some get more use than others. I smoke the same three aromatics every day.
  • Options
    I smoke a mild English in the morning. The rest of the day I'm rotating between Virginias, VaPers, Dark Fired Kentucky and the occasional aromatic. I have about 10 tobaccos in my rotation with another 20 in the pantry.
  • Options
    My choices are usually based on what time of day it is, how I'm feeling and who will be around me. I usually go to  my Senior Chief blend which has Virginia, burley, latakia and perique in it.  Lately my mid-day smoke is a Balkan blend - SPC's Pike Place or Lane's Crown Achievement. The afternoon smoke is an aromatic because I'm usually outside with the wife/daughter/grand-daughters. I'm working on a jar of a bulk blend with chocolate/vanilla notes. The shop I bought it at calls it Bayou Sorrel and I can't remember what they said it is really is.
  • Options
    I've been rotating around Sir Walter Raleigh's aromatic blend, Dunhill's London Blend, and Captain Black's midnight gold.  Of course, they are smoked in different pipes.  I usually smoke both inside and outside the house, depending on what I am doing or where I am going. 
  • Options
    @Charles -- BTW, Welcome!!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    paulwansingpaulwansing Enthusiast
    I'm one of the several blends through the day smokers.  I like simple blends with my coffee, prince albert is a regular but I also do atlas balkan or Sir Walter Raleigh sometimes.  I then work up the latakia strength over the day-maybe plantation evening or cerebus in the afternoon, then proper english or star of the east, then wrap the evening up with nightcap.  I have noticed though that when the weather is warmer I lean toward the codger burley blends much more than in the cold. 
  • Options
    I like to start my day with my black coffee and a strong burley based blend usually my own. Half and Half with 20% Dark Burley from C&D. strong enough to get the insides moving. After that I usually go with any medium, blend though the day. Often it depends who I'm with. for instance, my wife. A cigarette smoker but fussy about pipe aroma. She tolerates my H&H blend so I go with that. when by myself it's a strong homemade VA/Per. Sutliff VA slices and blending perique with a heavy hand but not enough to bury the VA. And I always finish my day with late night Solani Aged Burley Flake. It's smooth and strong and the wife doesn't comment on the aroma which by the way I think is the pinnacle of burley aroma.
  • Options
    I smoke several blends during the day. I tend to switch it up, transitioning from VaBur blends early on, to English/Aro blends at the end. I usually try to end the day with something pleasant so the missus doesn't complain about me smelling like a pipe.
  • Options
    PhilipPhilip Enthusiast
    Same, with an exception in the evening.
  • Options
    When it's relatively cold outside, yet warm enough for me to sit in the garage and smoke without suffering frostbite (somewhere between 20 and 32 degrees) the perfect cold weather combination for me is Sutliff Frosty Mint and a hot cup of cocoa. The combination of hot chocolate and that cool minty fresh flavor of Sutliff Frosty Mint is like munching on a York Peppermint Paddy right off the factory conveyor belt while it's still warm.   
  • Options
    If I'm out for the day I smoke what I put in my pouch all day, If I'm close to home I change if I'm in the mood.