Home General
Options

****Attention Admins****

OK now I know what some of the people on here talked about when they said they couldn't post from devices other than their computers.  
My PC was down for a while and although I could get on this site and read posts I could not make any posts or comments.
So is there a fix for this problem?  I was using a tablet and I would press to type a message but the keyboard would not stay so I could type, it would flash on screen and go away, I have been reading where others have had same or similar problems with tablets, iPads and cell phones.
This is something you should look into having fixed, I am sure a lot of people would love to post or comment while they are out and about and not home near their PC or in my case when the PC is not working.  LOL

Response?

Comments

• Options

@Wolf41035, for what it's worth, I have seen the same type problem, effectively solved on phones and tablets. It involved updating software to the latest version, and clearing the browser cache. Not for certain that is your problem, but it might be worth a try if you haven't already.

• Options
    Rshey1Rshey1 Apprentice
    I'm able to use my iPad,it just takes a while for somethings to load up. When I get notifications if I click on it it takes about three minutes for it to actually drop down the box but I can still post.I rarely use my computer
  • Options
    So Cell phones and Tablets are the only ones effected?  Still needs to be looked into, not everyone has a iPad.  I have an iPhone but my Tablet is not apple, so when my PC is down I have to use a tablet or I can try my iPhone and see if that works but again I hope the admins will have the IT guys look into this and maybe fix it.

• Options
    iPad works fine.

I have another question: Is there any way to change a password?
  • Options
    @xDutchx I was using a Amazon Tablet so not sure but I will check for updates and see if that fixes the problem.  Thanks for the information.   For now my PC is going but will need to do this so if it goes down again.  lol

• Options
    my tablet is android and works on every site with a comment section except this one?!? I'm sure I am updated on everything that can be updated, considering I can sign in just fine it isn't anything to do with my pop-up keypad.  I am only on a desktop once or twice a week so most of the time I am restricted to reading the threads and sometimes remembering to comment when I am at my desktop.
  • Options
    I think the admins are hiding.
  • Options
    Nobody has tagged an admin in this thread.
  • Options
    Hi Guys! Thanks for helping @wolf41035 out and troubleshooting while I was being a recluse. The keyboard malfunctioning on Android devices is a known issue and has been addressed a few times on the Functionality and Feedback thread. This is something I've been working with the developers on for months now. 

@motie2 see my response to you in the Functionality and Feedback thread

@judandhispipe You're right! That's the fastest way to grab my attention. No matter how much I'd like to, I'm not in here all day every day. 
  • Options
    @NicoleSTGLaneLtd Are you the only admin?  I put admin in the title because I was not sure you were the only admin and didn't want it to look like I was singling you out. 

@judandhispipe If you read what I just wrote to Nicole you will understand why I didn't tag her and to be honest not sure if we have more than one admin and if we do who are they?

@NicoleSTGLaneLtd if there are more admins can you make a post called your Admins and tag all admins from the page and if you have IT guys on here could you tag them?  That way if we have a problem we can direct it to the right people? 

@paulwansing I hear you, I think my tablet is up to date and Nicole just answered our question, they are having issues with Androids. 

@PappyJoe I have been hiding (More than the admins), haven't posted as much because my PC was down and I am still trying to get everything back up and running right, still haven't loaded Flash, my Printer, My camera's and a few other things, kind of waiting to see if I fixed the problem before I start loading everything back on here.  Sure hope they can fix this bug soon, if my PC goes out again I can't reply to comments or make new discussions....LOL  We all know how certain people just love my discussions, without them they would not know what to do.  LMAO 

• Options
    @NicoleSTGLaneLtd -- You wrote: <<See my response to you in the Functionality and Feedback thread>>

See my response in the same folder: The "My Account" page will not accept my current password, required to change passwords. 

The fact that I am here, writing this, proves I am using the correct current password. Please advise what I should do....

Thank you for your time and effort.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @wolf41035 I'm the primary admin for TPL, so tag or message me in anything you need help with. If I can't handle it myself, I'll get those who can involved.

@motie2 Check your DM
  • Options
    While I'm waiting for a response from Nicole, does anyone here know what a "DM" is?

Am I being obtuse?
  • Options
    @NicoleSTGLaneLtd OK Sounds good Nicole.  Usually do not have problems on here, well that is other than the pop up window to let you know your entered for contest (Fixed) and this problem with replying or commenting from a tablet.  LOL

• Options
    @motie2 It is slipping my mind (old age) because I can't think of what DM is right now but I know what it is......I will remember but not right now, might be best to just ask Nicole for more info, might be a week before I remember or I might remember as soon as I log off.   I hate memory loss for this reason.  lol 

• Options
    OK That was strange, right after I posted this comment I had to log back on, took me to the log in screen and had to completely log back on.  Glitch in your system or glitch on my PC or maybe my Internet is messing up?
    We did have that bad storm go through the other day and lost electricity and the phones were messed up, the WiFi has been on and off since yesterday as well...Who knows.   LOL 

• Options
    @motie -DM - direct message. If you look at the top of the page, under your name, you will see a conversation bubble. Click on it. 
  • Options
    GordonGordon Newcomer
    Thanks to all -- Admin Nicole and my fellow pipers. Re-registration fixed (almost) everything at this end. I appreciate the help and concern shown by all.
  • Options
    Please forgive my double or triple posting this, but I wanted to get the word out. As of today, the system lords and Admin Nicole have given me back my identity as @motie2. (I don't know if I have all of my badges, etc. back, but I guess I'll find out.) So, I'm going to let @Gordon retire. Henceforth, please use @motie2    Thank you.