Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Top 5 Favorite Tobaccos?

What are your top 5 favorite tobaccos?  (And why is your #1 your most favorite?)

1. Frog Morton's Cellar - I loved the flavor the moment I smoked it.  Exactly what I was looking for... LATAKIA!
  2. Lane BS-005
  3. Frog Morton
  4. Dunhill Nightcap
  5. Frog Morton Across the Pond

Comments

• Options
    1) Sutliff Molto Dolce, because it tastes and smells great, never bites, and is relatively cheap.
    2) Sutliff Maple Street, because it mixes so well with Molto Dolce, mitigating the damp stickiness of that blend.
    3) Erinmore Mixture
    4) Escudo (the best VaPer ever)
    5) Dunhill Aperitif
  • Options

My favorites are all aromatic bulk blends with the exception of one 

1.) Warm Up ... one of Russ Ouellette's Monthly Blends from P&C

2.) Molto Dolce/Sutliff Crème Brulee ... I actually think they are one in the same

3.) Sutliff Vanilla Custard

4.) Sutliff Rum & Maple

5.) Sutliff Chocolate Mousse

Actually my favorite blend is a concoction I mentioned before which takes 3 parts Sutliff Vanilla Custard, 2 parts Chocolate Mousse, 1 part Crème Brulee, and a light sprinkling of Sutliff Irish Crème. The blend I call Hudson's 221B Bakery Blend.   

• Options
    1. McCranies Red Ribbon 2008
    2. Butera Golden Cake
    3. GLP Westminster
    4. McClelland No. 24 Virginia
    5. GLP Quiet Nights
  • Options
    Oops, forgot to mention why I like my #1
    It's a nice sweet viginia. Mellowed by some age. Dark fruit flavors with some nuttiness mid bowl. And best of all burns kind of cool. Not much tongue bite.....at least for me;)
  • Options
    I'm new to the whole pipe scene, but my favorites so far are.....

1. Solani Virginia Flake with Perique. Wow! After leaving it in a jar for a week or so the bready/ figgy flavors are outstanding! 
    2. Dan Tobacco Midnight Ride.
    3. Iwan Ries Dr. Bradly 
    4. Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture
    5. McClelland Master Penman 

I still have much to explore since I've only been smoking for about 5 months now. About 50 on my list of "need to try tobaccos." Should be a fun adventure. 
  • Options
    This is a great topic, I'm always interested in what other pipers consider the top blends.  Mine are:
    1. Nightcap-Dunhill
    2. Prince Albert-Middleton
    3.Star of the East-Cornell and Diehl
    4.Plantation Evening-Cornell and Diehl
    5.Delta Days-Hearth and Home Signature

Nightcap is to me a truly amazing and balanced blend, though I have never been able to pinpoint exactly what I love about it.  I smoke it every evening once the sun goes down in a full bent billiard 365 nights a year. It is a tobacco that is calming in flavor and aroma for me.  Though Prince Albert is really a number 1 for me as well as I start each day with a cob and the prince on my porch with a big mug of coffee.  Those two tobaccos are the only ones that I smoke 7 days a week-if I had to eliminate all others I would be a happy smoker with those two blends and a few pipes in my rotation! 
  • Options
    IndyJGIndyJG Apprentice

I've narrowed down my top 4 favorites. I have several blends that I could include in the 5th spot depending on season, my mood, etc so I'll just list my top 4.

My top 4 in no particular order as each of these 4 tobaccos could be #1 on my list at any given time:

1. Esoterica Dunbar
    2. McClelland Frog Morton Cellar
    3. McClelland Wilderness
    4. McClelland Beacon Extra
  • Options

I'm really enjoying your lists! 

I've added some new tobaccos to my 'To Try' list.   Thank you everyone!  :)

• Options

McClelland 5110 Dark English

Carter Hall

Newminster 408 Superior Round Slices

Newminster Ultimate English

Balkan Sasieni

Above list is subject to alteration at any time.