Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Happy Accidental Blending

Greetings fellow TPLers,

Recently I neglected to empty out my tobacco pouch before filling it with some Lane BS-005.  There must have been either some Dunhill Nightcap or Dunhill Elizabethan left in the pouch that the Lane BS-005 mixed with.  Probably Elizabethan but either way, it turned out to be a very different and very nice smoke.

So my question is, has anyone else ever 'accidently' created a nice blend?  If so, what did you blend?  

I also wouldn't mind trying out some purposeful blends as well so if you'd like to share those as well, that would be great!

Regards, Matthew

Comments

• Options
    I had some yule log (russ' blends) leftover after the holidays and some missouri meerschaum tobacco-I don't remember the name but it was burley and virginia with no aromatic added.  I found the MM blend to be very boring and "bitey" so just to see what happened I blended them together (probably 1/2 oz yule log to 1 oz MM) The latakia in the yule log added some crispness to it and the burley gave it some heaviness.  It made it at least smokeable but I would leave my yule log alone next time because it is a nice blend.  The one I did on purpose was adding Picuyane from D&R to cavendish in the woods from Russ.  I couldn't handle the goopy sweetness of the cav and the picuyane was like smoking habanero peppers so I put them together and they balanced each other out to make a blend I actually like once in a while (I don't do aromatics much at all-maybe once or twice a month tops)
  • Options
    As I've mentioned elsewhere here, I have found mixing Sutliff's Maple Street and Molto Dolce mitigates the drawbacks of the Molto Dolce (overly moist and sticky straight from the tin), while actually enhancing the taste and smell.
  • Options
    Mixed together leftover cherry and vanilla Cavendish, it was a happy accident, I think they are better together then separate makes for a good dessert-like smoke.