Home General
Options

Feb 2nd

Happy Groundhog Day. Phil saw his shadow..

Comments

• Options
    Man, down South here, this has been one of the mildest winters I can remember in years. I can definitely handle 6 more weeks of this kind of weather, but the skeeters and ticks are going to have a feeding frenzy come summer.
  • Options
    @xdutchx - I know what you mean. In southeast Louisiana we've had maybe 10 days where the daytime high dropped below 60. It sucks because I received 2 new sweaters for Christmas and haven't been able to wear them much. I'm not too worried about ticks, but we are about ready to open mosquito hunting season.
  • Options
    I've had to keep checking for ticks all winter, no long big freeze, no real ice on the lakes so far.
  • Options
    The warmth has been starting to fly towards Missouri.  We are starting to get some 70 degree days.  I'm ready to get this barbecue grill smoking up!
  • Options
    In my particular location in the Midwest this has been a winter without sunlight. About 25 out of the 31 days in January was overcast and downright gloomy. Anyone living off-the-grid depending upon solar power from the sun had to be greatly disappointed and uncomfortable..   
  • Options
    Reporting in from Northern New Jersey:

It's over 70 degrees out there. Praise God!

Pipe smoking on the rear deck. Hallelujah! (OK , to be inclusive: Halleluyah and Alleluia, too.)