Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Squadron Leader Availability

I heard someone talking about Samuel Gawith: Squadron Leader. I have gone to the online sites and everyone is out of stock. Is this usual for this blend or did I just hit it at a bad time?

Comments

• Options
    piperdavepiperdave Connoisseur
    I have had a hard time finding it also, I think my local tobacconist had a hard time as well. Maybe Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader is like J.F. Germain  Esoterica blends they only make so much in a small batch to keep quality at its best.
  • Options
    It's hard to find. It seems that the people that like it love it, and it disappears quickly. I have some of the regular and about 3 or 4 tins of the one with perique in it. That is my favorite and I am trying to make it last as long as possible. Hopefully the FDA restrictions get lifted and Smoking Pipes is able to partner with Sam Gawith again to make some more of that deliciousness.
  • Options
    Squadron Leader is one of those blends that disappears quickly from online shops. It's a very popular blend, and I can attest that its deserving of its popularity.

If you're interested in trying it, and willing to put some money aside, you can always have smokingpipes.com notify you when the blend is in stock. I believe each pipe tobacco has that option on their site.
  • Options
    I believe it's available more in England, last time I got it was 2015.
  • Options
    I finally found some online. They only had two tins so I got both of them. Does that make me part of the problem?