Home General
Options

Pipes, Pirates, and Podcasts...

Hey everyone! Beau here from Country Squire Radio. We recorded an new episode this week on Pipe Tobacco during The Golden Age Of Piracy. This was an episode that I really enjoyed as every once in a while I get on a major pirate kick. I was curious if there are any other pipe enthusisest who find this subject matter interesting. Also if so, do you have a favorite pirate/story?

Thanks! Check out the episode at www.CountrySquireRadio.com

Comments

• Options
    Just the one about the pirate who walked into a bar with a ship's wheel (helm) sticking out of the front of his pants. When asked by the bartender if walking around with that wheel hanging out of his pants bothered him at all the pirate replied "Aye Matey, it be drivin' me nutz!"
    Hopefully I didn't push the boundaries with that post.
  • Options
    @countrysquireradio Love the podcast! I am not only a pipe enthusiast, but as the writer/editor/podcaster at theMangoTimes Blog/Podcast, I am a huge fan of adventure and all things piratey! My family even celebrates Talk Like A Pirate Day every year! A few months back we took a quick trick to the Outer Banks of NC and adventured through the town of Bath, NC (where Blackbeard dropped anchor). A few years ago, we visited Barbarossa's (Red Beard's) castle on the island of Capri in Italy. Do you know what I found out? I don't really like real pirates. 
    I really just like the fictional pirates. I like the singing Disney pirates and I like the antics of characters like Jack Sparrow. I also like drinking rum punch and listening to Jimmy Buffet songs, but when it comes to thievery, pillage and slavery on the open seas...I'm a lilly livered coward!
    Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! - Fletch
  • Options
    thesubconthesubcon Newcomer
    yeah @countrysquireradio i love pirate stuff. there is much of my living room dedicated to tall ships and pirate related paraphernalia. i also have SEVERAL books on pirates and piracy. as far as fiction, "pirate latitudes" is my favorite by far.
  • Options
    Truth is, if they made realistic movies about pirates, they would not make money as reality wasn't as exciting and glamorous as the fictional books, movies and tv shows (I looking at you HBO) make them out to be. 
  • Options
      I've always loved pirate stories! I did a report on Jean Laffite in high school! I live about an hour away from Lake Erie, which saw it's share of pirate battles. Every year they re-enact some of them!
  • Options
    Great episode I love pirate stuff