Home General
Options

NEW YEARS EVE and NEW YEARS DAY

So does anyone do anything for New Years Eve?  Any parties? 
What is your go to Pipe Smoke for New Years Eve?? 

Comments

• Options
    I usually gather with friends. No go to - it's whatever is up in the pipe rotation, and that influences my choice of tobacco.
  • Options
    If it's like years past, I will go to bed around 11pm to midnight.
    Gripe about the messed up TV schedule. And smoke about a
    pack of cigarettes while playing games on the computer.
    Yep, I'm an old crumudgen and will probably get worse.
  • Options

I am too old for contact with law enforcement. These young whippersnappers will take you to the ground in a heartbeat nowdays.

As for my New Years blend, it will just depend on my mood the day before and the day after. I am really keying on Kentucky blends nowdays.

• Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    We (at least I do) enjoy staying in. Steaks and lobster tails on the grill, cheese cake and a couple of bottles of Moet. I will enjoy some big pipes from the collection watching the semi final football games and then ring in the new year yucking it up watching Kathy Griffin and AC. 
  • Options
    DB and I will share a bottle of wine. Talk gentle about the Year Past and Year Starting. Meditate. Enjoy The Turning of the Wheel of the Year.

As to the pipe and tobacco? Whatever is at hand. Blending my own, all the blends are special to me...
  • Options
    I am old and disabled but I sure do stay up every year, not sure why, most of the time I stay home alone.  LOL 
    As for what I smoke, like some of you it depends on my mood and what I grab.
  • Options
    My kids and I spend new years playing Wii and eating snacks.  As far as my pipe goes this year I am enjoying Atlas Balkan from C&D lately, plan on smoking my new (and only!) briar pipe filled with Atlas as the evening progresses.  I wish it was a bit colder here in New England though, we are still pushing up on the 40's and even 50's on a daily basis-makes it tough to enjoy those snowy cold weather tobaccos!
  • Options
    The wife and I generally stay up just for the midnight fireworks to die down. We are still allowed to do fireworks in the sub-division where I live because it's not in the "incorporated" city. So if we have any of the grand-kids over, I will go out and spend $50 on some fireworks that I light off for them. 

I view this activity as a good excuse to have a cigar as I've found a lit cigar is a much better firework lighter than a match or one of the lighter sticks they sell you. The only think you can't light with a cigar is a sparkler. But a good torch lighter makes short work of those.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe so you do smoke Cigars every so often?  LOL  I hope you don't use the good cigars to light the fireworks.....might kill the flavor.  lol
  • Options
    I'll order some tobacco from P&C & smoke something :) party hardy
  • Options
    I'm 25 miles from Times Square and I like it that way. I'll smoke out  on the porch listening to music, then join my wife before midnight to celebrate another year together and try not to worry about the next one too much.
  • Options
    @wolf41035 - I've never noticed it to affect the flavor of the cigar. The cigars in the ice chest I use as a humidor are all of the $5 - $10 variety. Never could justify spending more than that for a cigar. Since we have a forecast of 100% rain for tonight and tomorrow don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    pylornspylorns Apprentice
    We gather in our cul-du-sac neighbors and friends and relax, lots of pipe smoking happens. 
  • Options
    I think this year I am staying home, Going to work on a few projects.....Going to sit in one of my Man Caves and work on two pipes, work on 3 guns, work on a bank for my niece and watch something on TV if I can find something.  Might smoke a pipe with some Spring blend hoping for better weather and a fast Spring.....lol 

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Options
    OH and Tomorrow with or without decent weather, I am going to go out in my Garage and Smoke another Opus X Cigar!
  • Options
    Winding down 2016 with a bowl of Larry's Blend in a big old Alpha egg and wee dram of Talisker. Happy New year to you all.
  • Options
    Amazingly the meteorologist were accurate with their forecasts for yesterday and today. It started raining yesterday afternoon and it's still raining this morning in SE Louisiana. I think we've had about 3 inches of rain so far.  No fireworks so no cigar. I did sit in the garage and watch the Bama/Washington game even though I knew Bama was going to win. 

I smoked some Seattle Evening because it reminded me of the cold wet days of Seattle when I lived up there. 
  • Options
    I ended the year with a country gentleman filled with Dunhill Nightcap, rainy and chilly in Rhode Island for the new year
  • Options
    Smoked out on the porch, Newminster Ultimate English in a Peterson Kildare. Sunny and 47 degrees, good music. I hoped to start the year without worry so I avoided the News.
  • Options
    Well with the New Year here I feel better, things are already going on that make this year better than last, just hope things keep going the way they are, actually the end of 2016 turned out nice, so can't complain.
    2012 through 2015 sucked for me though. 
    Got new smokes for my pipes, got new pipes, working on a couple pipes and stocked up on supplies.
    Got 5 Humidors full of good Cigars some are very very good Cigars while none are cheap.  lol  As far as Smokes and drinks for the year I am good!

• Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • Options
    Got to have a smile on my face all this year.  LOL 
    I figure with Good Cigars and Good Pipe Smoke along with some good alcohol I should be OK.   Well that and my new garage is almost finished so I can finally put my collector cars inside out of the weather....hated them sitting outside!