Home The Pack
Options

My Secret Santa loot arrived!

Yesterday my letter carrier knocked on my door, as she does when she leaves a package. I went to fetch the mail, and, sure enough, there was a small package on my porch, which I immediately tore open. It was, indeed, my Secret Santa loot. I thought about just sending @piperdave a note, but decided to give him his kudos and thanks publicly. He pulled stuff from his stash, which is a great way to do it if you can make it work, and further enclosed a note and a little candy.
Without further ado, here's what was in my stash.
  1.    One tin of Dunhill MM1938. I opened my first tin of this a little more than a year ago; it is now a regular part of my rotation. It and Standard are my two most frequently smoked Dunhills. 1938 is more oriental forward than Standard, but works for me much better than London. I will happily add this to my stash of tins of this lovely blend.
  2. One pouch of Tobacco Galelleria Fox and Hound. Attending the old Ft Wayne pipe show a number of years ago, I won the whole TG line as a door prize. Nothing else in the collection worked for me, but this did. It's a nice lighter English blend. I smoked several pouches, and then it fell off my radar. It will befunto revisit this one.
  3. One box of Kentucky Club Mild. I had mentioned in the Best of OTC discussion that I had enjoyed this,and lamented its disappearance. It will be a pleasure to visit it again.
  4. Last, but certainly not least, a  tin of Brebbia 80. Dave said this was sitting on a shelf it his B&M,rather dusty; he didn't know if it was still available. Neither P&C or SP carries it; I found one favorable review at TR. It's an English, featuring Syrian latakia. Planta made these for Brebbia; I will bet that this was discontinued when their supply of that leaf ran out. I am most anxious to try this; I will have to find an auspicious time to do so.   
A great haul - thanks again, Dave!

Comments

• Options
    awesome, my Elf did me proud as well.

• Options
    piperdavepiperdave Connoisseur
    @judandhispipe I am excited to hear that you received your package. I really wanted to get you  something that was unique and when I found out that I was given you I knew I had to include the Kentucky Club Mild. I figured you would know it was me from the Best of OTC discussion and the return address on the package of course LOL (BTW I found out the post office really doesn't like packages being sent without a return address). I am happy to hear that you like the selections; I had a lot of fun deciding what to include and your list really helped. I hope the Brebbia mixture turns out really good and has aged well. All the best to you and your family and a Very Merry Christmas followed by a Blessed New Year.
  • Options
    Thanks, Dave, and to you and yours as well!