Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Glass Pipes

Has anyone used a glass pipe for tobacco, and if so how do they smoke? It may seem like a weird question but I've always wondered. I've only ever known of people using them to smoke weed but they're sold as "tobacco pipes". 

Comments

• Options
    If it is not labeled "For tobacco use only" it is considered drug paraphernalia by most state laws because they are used for marijuana, crack, or meth. I assume it would smoke harshly with tobacco since glass has none of the characteristics of a good tobacco pipe. i.e.: moisture absorption, heat transfer
  • Options
    @tictacbird thanks for the feedback. That makes a lot of sense. The thing is there are shops that do label them as for tobacco use only so they can sell them legally. It just always confused me because I wouldn't think to use them for tobacco at all.
  • Options
    Tictacbird is right, don't waste your time and money and tobacco with this things. But ,and I have some pics of very olds Germans porcelain pipes, made around XIII and XIX centuries. I believe that they smoked like clay pipes.
  • Options
    Technically, porcelain is made from clay. The process, involving high heat in a kiln as opposed to the lower heat necessary to create earthernware or stoneware. That being said, to be porcelain the clay usually has to contain a high content of kaolin - a clay mineral. It's that mineral that gives the porcelain is translucent quality. 

• Options
    The government has decided to limit the pipe tobaccos on sale and to limit the manufacture of tobacco pipes in the US. 

Unintended consequence: Marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia is legal in a growing number of states. Pipe makers, both manufacturers and craftsmen, should be able to sell their wares if they have a warning sticker:  "This product is intended for the consumption of marijuana or other legal smoking mixtures.” 

This is crazy.

Stockpile the blends you want, NOW.
  • Options

@motie2 This P.C. world is completely upside down. Wrong is now right ... and right is wrong. And to think any other way implies you're intolerant and need to be corrected and reprogrammed into a new way of thinking. To be on the fringe and abnormal is acceptable behavior - and must not only be tolerated  - but celebrated. To think otherwise makes you the strange one.  

• Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -"To be on the fringe and abnormal is acceptable behavior" In that case us pipe smokers should start being celebrated. We've have been on the fringe and considered abnormal for a couple of decades now.