Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Christmas Cheer 2015

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the 2015 Christmas Cheer?  I ordered 2 tins last year to cellar and I'm gonna crack open the first tin this weekend with my brother.  Just thought I'd check with everyone to get their opinions on it.

Comments

• Options
    Well after my first bowl, its not quite what I was expecting, but still a very good blend.  I enjoyed it last night while sitting on the back porch listening to the coyotes howling.  Was a smooth straight Virginia, didn't have any trouble keeping it lit.  And didn't have any tongue bite either. 
  • Options
    I've got two tins in the cellar,one for 5 years, one for 10. Didn't smoke any fresh - I buy these for cellaring.

I'm curious- what were you expecting?
  • Options

I was expecting a little flavoring, it being a "Christmas" blend.  I knew it was a Virginia blend but I thought they'd have a little something in it, besides straight Virginias, but I really enjoyed it despite my misled expectations.

• Options
    Man, I love the Christmas Cheer blends. Such clean, pure Virginia flavors. I popped a tin of 2015 on Thanksgiving and I've been enjoying the heck out of it. The care that goes into selecting and preparing these blends is second to none...
  • Options
    Man, I love the Christmas Cheer blends. Such clean, pure Virginia flavors. I popped a tin of 2015 on Thanksgiving and I've been enjoying the heck out of it. The care that goes into selecting and preparing these blends is second to none...
  • Options

I'm a big fan of Christmas Cheer. I think it is one blend that is really enhanced when smoked in a dedicated pipe. I decided to dedicate this little Jeantet leather clad pipe to Christmas Cheer a few years ago.

I wish I could say I have sampled the 2015 offering, but I haven't had the privilege yet. This is one blend that will be a victim of the deeming regulations, and I really hate to see it go. It is a classic example of the magic the McNeil's can offer in a Virginia blend.

DSC00133
  • Options
    @darmon,Holiday Spirit is the McClelland seasonal aromatic.I was given a tin in a Secret Santa on another board once; it was so sweet I could not smoke it. Good quality leaf, but not for me.
  • Options
    @judandhispipe , I've been told that Holiday Spirit was their aromatic blend, I've never had any. But I guess I just assumed that it being named "Christmas Cheer" it would be slightly flavored.  Like I said, I really enjoyed it.  Just wasn't quite what I expected.
  • Options
    Just smoked some 2015 CC and the spiciness overwhelmed the sweetness of the Virginias.  Maybe it is just me.