Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Simple Review of Lane Ready Rubbed

@woodsman asked me for one in the "What's Your Favorite Lane Blend" thread, so here goes.

I got a sample of this at the Chicago Pipe Show in 2015. I loved it, and immediately bought a 14 ounce tin. That's gone, and the next one has about 4 ounces left, and there's two more cans on the shelf. Since I keep about 20 blends in open rotation,and am primarily a latakia guy, that shows you what I think about this blend.
Lane's was making the legendary Edgeworth blends when production ceased, however many years ago that was. According to them, this is the same recipe, but they couldn't use the Edgeworth name for legal reasons. I never smoked ERR, so I can't compare the two.
This is a well-rubbed out burley.  There is a slight molasses flavor to it.  It smokes very nicely, cool and not bitey. I smoke a lot of it in warmer weather, when I tend to want burley blends in a cob a lot. I probably started two or three mornings a week with a bowl of LRR this summer; I would guess I smoked a bowl most days. (The days I didn't I probably used Amphora Original for that fix.) It's also become my go-to blend for breaking in a pipe. The tobaccos used are of obvious high-quality. I can see this as an all-day blend.
At the time it first came out, it was available only in a 14 ounce canister; I see from P&C that a 1.5 ounce pouch is available, too. At the same price in the canister as Carter Hall or Prince Al, it blows them both away,in my book.
Definitely worth your while.

Comments