Home The Pack
Options

Suggestions? Tips?

Hey guys, got a new pipe yesterday, it has a little bit of a triangular shape and it is hard to burn all the way down since it gets clogged up at the bottom. Any tips? I have found it helpful to use my tamper to fluff up the bottom when I get there but I still feel like I'm waisting a little tobacco.

Comments

• Options
    On a side note, I did get a 93 on my midterm while having a pipe on my back porch. It was wonderful.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    I don't like conical or V shaped chambers as much as a U shape. I would suggest adjusting your packing method. You might want to lighten loading the bowl up near the bottom to give you some more room when you tamp down the bowl as you go. As much as we all want to not every bowl will smoke down to ash. 
  • Options
    dstribdstrib Apprentice
    Maybe the Air Pocket Method of packing would help. I know it defeats the whole smoking down to the bottom of the bowl. Or I have also heard V shape or conical bowls work well for Flake tobaccos. I honestly only have one conical shaped pipe and the bowl is very small.
  • Options
    If the airway hole is higher than the bottom of the bowl it makes it hard to smoke to the bottom. If you tamp and light the last of your pipe full and it goes out quickly that may be your problem. Or if the dottle comes out wet your tobacco may be too wet, try letting it dry a little longer.