Home The Lounge
Options

Indonesian Tobacco

pylornspylorns Apprentice
https://medium.com/@pylorns/indonesian-pipe-tobacco-71630487a33d#.4vni13qru

I had heard about Indonesian tobacco recently from two different places. One was on reddit talking about Tambolaka as something to try out and it had mixed reviews and the other was on the Gentleman's Pipe Smoking Society on Facebook. The post on Facebook was what intrigued me as it was a picture of Soppeng tobacco being processed in an old fashioned way.
image\
This was the picture and the note:
The most popular local-native Indonesian pipe tobacco among pipe smokers is Soppeng tobacco. This tobacco is a kind of traditional cavendish, using palm sugar as the sweetener and then fire cured — pressed on a bamboo sticks.
It serves at shag cuts and packed on bamboo sticks. The taste is quite sweet with the scent of palm sugar flavored and fresh bamboo and some producers gave additional flavor like cinnamon on their production process and will give enough strength of the nicotine.Originally, this tobacco is for hand rolled cigarette but also great for pipe. Burnt well and have consistent taste and flavor until finish a bowl. For me, I really love and enjoy to smoke this tobacco purely or blend it with 25% — 35% matured Srinthil, the taste is awesome…
As soon as I read this I was pretty much hooked and wanted to sample some. Of course the problem is this tobacco is not sold here in the US (with exception of Tambolaka). This was remedied by reaching out to a guy who goes by the name of zippo who sends sample packets here to the US and around the world. 
(I can't post the rest the site has thrown an error - so check out the whole article I wrote on the link at the top of the post..

I

Comments