Home Tobacco Talk
Options

A tale of three Acadian's

I took tins of Acadian English and Acadian VaPer to the NOLA Pipe Club meeting last night. One other member brought a tin of Acadian Gold with him. These blends are by Russ Ouellete and use a Canadian grown Yellow Virginia which has been processed Perique-style by Mark Ryan of the L.A. Poche Perique Factory in St. James Parish, Louisiana.

I have reviewed the Acadian VaPer and it is posted in this forum and on tobaccoreviews.com. 

We had one member who didn't like the Acadian English or the Acadian VaPer. Everyone else thought they were good. No one complained of any bite. 

The member who brought the Acadian Gold and tried the English and Vaper said that the Acadian Gold was the lightest of the three with the caveat that it is a straight Virginia. His order of preference was the Acadian English, Acadian VaPer and then the Acadian Gold.

My initial preference is for the VaPer, the English and then the Acadian Gold but I've only smoked two bowls of the English so far and just one of the Gold. I'm not buying the Gold because I'm not a straight Virginia fan. 

Yes, this is an expensive tobacco. It is also a very limited edition of the blend. I think I was told that only 500 tins of each blend was produced. A couple of people have said it's too expensive and not worth the money, but they haven't tried it either. I liken it to the difference between a Blended Scotch and 20-year old Single Malt Scotch - better is sometimes going to cost you more.