Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Sentimental Tobaccos

Does anybody have a sentimental tobacco? What I mean by sentimental is a blend you remember from your childhood, that your grandfather or father or some other relative smoked that was the first tobacco you remember and brings back memories of that person, and do you keep some on hand for that reason. For me , it's Carter Hall, my uncle smoked that and I remember seeing him take that yellow foil pouch out of his pocket and filling his pipe and the aroma when he smoked it. I haven't had any in a while but plan on getting some to remember him by.

Comments

• Options
    It was a tobacco called Liberty that my grandfather smoked. I can't remember seeing him pack a pipe with anything else. As I have mentioned before, it was quite cheap and really dreadful tasting to me. As I recall, it said "Smoke or Chew" right on the package.
  • Options
    Wow, I can just imagine that anything that says smoke or chew would be dreadful!
  • Options
    Captain Spice (Tinderbox), vanilla black cavendish. First tobacco I ever purchased. It reminded me of what my grandfather smoked. Well it reminded me of what my mom said my grandfather smoked. As a child my mom grabbed a bag full of what I now know was an OTC vanilla black cavendish, held it up for me to smell and said "That reminds me of your Papa."
  • Options
    I still smoke Sir Walter Raleigh regular. It was my Dad's favorite. I can remember when he quit smoking. He packed a pipe, looked at it, and laid it beside his pipe rack. It stayed there for a few months. I never asked him why he quit. I don't know what happened to the pipes, but I inherited the rack. I found three pipes in his tractors' tool boxes and cleaned off the grease and grim and they now reside in his rack. They are part of my rotation.
  • Options
    Prince Albert in the thin can will always stir up many fond memories for me to bag they got rid of the can. I have a old can I fill just it's so how my Grandfathers used to use, always takes me back!!!!!
  • Options
    Lane 1-Q is the aroma I associate closest to every pipe I smelled when growing up. It's probably why it's still one of my favorite aromatics.