Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Beginner Pipe Carvers - Display and Discussion

DanielCSan9592DanielCSan9592 Newcomer
edited September 2016 in Pipes & Tools
As a brand new pipe carver, I'd love to see anyone else's work who is also learning the craft, or get advice from more experienced carvers.  Feel free to post your works and give constructive feedback, no matter how imperfect or incomplete you think your pipe is.  That's how we learn!

For example, with the low budget and tooling I have, I'm still learning how to carve a circle!  But, this mulberry piece was my first attempt that actually looked like a pipe instead of a tree root ... 

Feel free to continue the discussion at Beginner Pipe Carvers - Display and Discussion Facebook Group!  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BeginnerPipeCarver/

Bumble Bee

Comments

• Options
    The best advise I've got is patience.  Don't rush it, take your time and once you think you've finished put the piece aside for a day and come back to it the next day.  Sometimes when you've been working on something for a while, you glaze over little things. With a fresh viewpoint look it over again and if theres something that needs attention, tend to it.  Don't be quick to claim the piece done, as if you still see flaws in your work, everytime you pick up the piece your eyes will go directly to the flaws.  At least mine do.  Patience and persistence go a long way.