Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Hidden Gems

So on the other had of overrated tobacco we have the most overlooked tobaccos. Maybe they only get their popularity from word of mouth. Or maybe they are just under appreciated lost in a sea of tobacco. I ask please share your hidden gem.

Comments

• Options
    I see fewer comments about Dunhill Standard than almost any of the other Dunhill lat blends. People sing the praises of EMP, Nightcap. 965,and London; I like Standard better than any of 'em.
  • Options
    I think there are quite a few bulk blends that get overlooked simply because they are bulk instead of tinned. I found I like Suttliff's Days End for example but others that I've talked to says it sucks. 
  • Options
    GL Pease Blackpoint is excellent - it does all of the things Nightcap does but better, IMO.
    Cornell and Diehl Poplar Camp never seems to get a lot of buzz, but I think it's a really, really good VaPer.

• Options
    qmechanicsqmechanics Apprentice
    John Bull English is pretty inexpensive English blend that I  believe is somewhat unique.  Light on the Latakia (And I enjoy Latakia) , the blend is more Burley forward offering a different take on the std English. This blend is an interesting change of pace for veterans and mellow enough for those who are just starting their journey towards English blends.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    I have found that VG Black Cavendish is a pretty good gem, especially for the money. It's a good stand-alone and a great blending addition to other blends...