Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Tewksbury

Been thinking of trying some of the Tewksbury blends. The Hobbits Weed is intriguing. I find it interesting that they add on to the shipping a required adult signature charge. I understand the CYA (Cover Your Ass) of it all. Gone are the days of just trusting someone. Where I live shipping is a few dollars more than two ounces of one blend. Just wondering if the additional shipping is worth the try? If so what blends would you suggest.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe I'm offbase here,but it sounds like a bogus scam charge to me.Most places I deal
    with,if your using a card in your name that is considered "age verification".If by some
    chance a child steals your card or uses your number,charging extra won't stop them
    from ordering what they want.Maybe I'm offkey here but I wouldn't pay it.
  • Options
    Just read their age restrictions and I see that the charge is thru the USPS
    requiring an adult signature at delivery.So,I dunno,if you have to sign for your
    package at least you know some dweeb isn't going to snatch it off your porch.
    Might be worth it,up to you,but I would have to have a big order to justify it.
  • Options
    dstribdstrib Apprentice
    Last time I had to sign for a package was for an air rifle, which I completely understand since in the wrong hand can be very dangerous yet in experienced hands can be utilized as an effective small game rifle or pest eliminator. Well that was far off topic.

I may just need to see if someone in the Colorado area would be willing to ship me a sample.
  • Options
    @lostmason - It's really a matter of making sure the package goes to the person its being shipped to. There are some things I order that I sign for - new computer, large shipments of tobacco and an occasional custom pipe. 
  • Options
    @PappyJoe,I admitted to my mistake or at least tried to clarify after I had actually read the "Adult
    Signature" portion of their website.Even stated the obvious that you would get your package
    rather than some stranger who happened upon your porch.I believe I called them dweebs,but
    what's in a name, right?On the one hand I applaud their diligence,On the other I'm a cheap
    idgit that doesn't want to pay extra.So,if I was placing a large order,or an expensive order
    then I would gladly pay the added fee for the PO to hold the package until I signed for it.