Home General
Options

UPS does it again

The problem with online ordering is that the most common shipping method involves UPS. Over the past 6 months, I have had 3 orders that did not arrive on the day it was scheduled to arrive and the shipping status updates seems to be lacking. Sometimes it goes 2  business days without being updated.

I have a package which was shipped on Monday and supposed to arrive today. Instead, what I got when I check the status is that it was delayed and they would notify me with an updated delivery schedule when they had one.  Sort of a "screw you, we're incompetent and we'll deliver when we decide we want to status."

Comments

• Options
    I queried UPS. The response was a train was delayed and that caused the shipment to arrive in New Orleans too late this morning to be sorted and placed on a truck. And, of course, they don't do deliveries on Saturday or Sunday so it has to wait until Monday to go through the sorting process.

• Options
    Yes, UPS isn't what it used be. The Postal Service on the other hand has improved, greatly
  • Options
    @pappyjoe & @watchmaker61 The funny thing (at least for me) is that when I order online and it is shipped UPS. It goes to my local post office then a USPS sticker is placed over the UPS label and the mail man delivers the package to the house which usually adds an additional day to any deliveries for me. I know in the past if my package was at a local UPS office (that the public can visit) they would allow me to come pick it up and sign for it if I wanted. Hope you get it soon @pappyjoe at least Tuesday since Mon is a holiday.
  • Options
    @piperdave - Gee! Thanks for reminding me that Monday is a holiday. (Seriously, I had forgotten since it's one of the holidays I work on.)
    Now I know it will be Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Options
    @pappyjoe Now I feel bad I shouldn't had said anything.
  • Options
    @piperdave - I would have realized it sooner or later.
    What ticks me off is it was 2 tins of RO Series Acadian English and 2 tins of RO Series Acadian VAPER in the box also. I had plans for those this weekend.
  • Options
    Proof that UPS believes all its customers are stupid. I received this email tonight:
    Dear UPS Customer,

Thank you for emailing our team. I understand your frustrations and apologize for the delay. We are doing everything we can to get this package out to destination facility. We ask that you continue, to track your package at www.ups.com for updated information on the delivery.

Sincerely, 

Ema L.
    UPS Social Media Team

Of course they are doing everything they can. Oh! Wait! UPS is closed until Tuesday.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had many similar experiences with UPS and they aren't my favorite because of that. If I ever need something by a deadline I'll choose any other delivery service, except DHL (I will never use them again even if it means I can't get something I want because I probably won't get it anyways).
  • Options
    This thread is pushing one of my buttons. LOL

A certain nameless online purveyor of pipes and cigars is terrible about getting things out the door in a timely manner. I ordered something 2-day Mail once and got it 7 days later because it took them 5 days to get it out the door. Made me so mad!

• Options
    It got out the door on Aug. 29 which was the day I ordered it. Normally I get it in 3 working days. This time It will be 6 working days because I'm counting Monday since it was their fault.