Know your Virginias

2»

Comments

• Options
    You know me, I usually only have one thing on my mind 🤣
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @vtgrad2003
    Ah-hem…I seemed to catch it that way as well.  I was just afraid to admit it.  It’s a bit of a let down when you actually get here and read the title again…correctly😈
  • Options
    Notes on Edisto:  The tin note reveals a Virginia with fairly deep notes, nothing exotic.  I crumbled some out and left it to dry for a half hour (lunch comes first, you know), then filled my new pipe (pictured elsewhere), loosely packed, with the crumbled flake.
    The initial light was rather under-whelming, not really tasting much of anything.  As the bowl proceeded, the deeper notes offered by Red Virginia came out, but I detected no sweetness or citrus notes.  Pretty much a straight Virginia.  I will say that one has to go fairly slowly with this, as it will get harsh and bite if you have a quick cadence, which I have.  So slowing down is a good idea.  Fortunately it was dry enough that it didn't require any relights, went down to the bottom of the bowl, where it started to peter out, and I dumped the dottle.
    Overall, IMHO it is just a straight forward Red Virginia.  Nothing really special about it, certainly not on the level of Carolina Red Flake.
    Would I buy it again?  Probably not.  I get more character out of Luxury Twist Flake and Opening Night.
    Just my two cents worth....
  • Options
    Thanks for the review. I haven't found a C&D made flake that I wanted to rebuy but at the price point I'll probably give it a try. I have two of the After Hours offering in the queue once I get the tobacco bar down to six blends.
  • Options
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003
    I didn't like the honey topping on Interlude, I might like Edisto!