Home General
Options

Smoking on the town

When you go to smoke at your local coffee shop or tobacco lounge, how do you transport what your going to smoke? How much and what do you bring?

Comments

• Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    I have an always ready to go messenger back with way too much for me for an evening but I can be picky when out and about with it. It holds a few mason jars of tobacco, 2 or 3 minimum, at least one aromatic and one not. I have 4 different pipe pouches full of pipes so I can just grab a small pouch versus carrying the bag into every location. I keep at least one meerschaum, one church warden, several cobs, and a couple briar pipes.  I have a variety and package of each type of normal pipe cleaner, tapered, fluffy, regular, and churchwarden.  I have about 1 pipe tamper/nail per pipe (they just seem to collect in my bag). I keep at least one pipe lighter in each pouch and I keep a few boxes of matches.  I have spare/replacement filters a varying sizes for my pipes, even though I don't normally use them.  Finally, a couple bandannas to cover my head or wipe away the sweat of being outside and bug repellent.  It may seem like a lot but I'm always prepared for a good smoke plus its my weekend get away bag as well.
  • Options
    Sometimes I just take my 2 pipe bag that has a snap in tobacco pouch and pockets for pipe tool, lighter and cleaners. For pipe club meetings I have a small soft tackle bag which has held 6 pipes, 3 mason jars and 5 tins.
  • Options
    LostMasonLostMason Apprentice
    The local pipe club close by announces their mettings about an hour after they
    go home,and the B&M closest to me is mostly cigars.So other than maybe once
    or twice a year when I'm trying to corrupt my nephew and BIL,I smoke alone.
    (does that mean I have a PROBLEM )I do have a single pipe combo pouch,and
    a tobacco wallet that I carry if I think I'll have a chance to light up.On a trip to
    Ft Worth last year,I took a small pouch with two pipes a pouch each of
    Captain Black (w) and PS Lux Bulls Eye with pipe cleanesr and tamper.
    I would love to hang out with the local pipers but they seem to be a closed group.
  • Options
    @LostMason I tend to smoke solo myself except for the occasional friend that may stop in and smoke a bowl or 2. 
  • Options
    LostMasonLostMason Apprentice
    As long as as I has me pipe and me Lady,I'm never alone.
  • Options

Around town A single combo pouch with pipe of the day and tobacco, pipe cleaners in the car and pipe nail in my pocket.

Long trip 2-3 pipes, combo pouch, 2 tins, pipe cleaners and spare lighter, Pipe nail still in pocket. .