Home General
Options

Cars, Trucks and Motorbikes!

So what do you drive?
What is your all time favorite car, Truck and/or Motorbike?
Do you have any collectors, Classics or antique cars, trucks and/or Motorbikes?
What is on your Wish List?

No fighting or bashing anyone's rides, favorites or wishes, lets keep this civilized.

Comments

• Options
    Personally I have a rare Mustang, an old T-Bird, a 1931 convertible model T and a Yamaha V-Star Classic.  Along with my daily driver 1994 Ranger 4x4.
    I want a AC Cobra 427 and another Truck.
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    I have a good running, reasonably attractive 1975 Triumph Spitfire. For you young folks, the Spitfire is a British Sports car that was in production between 1962 and 1980.
  • Options
    Nice Topaz75, my sisters 1974? MGB is sitting in the garage where I am living right now.  
    I am currently having a new garage built for my toys.
  • Options
    Never could afford collector autos but I did have a conversion van back in the late 70s and a 66 mustang. Right now I have a 2016 Nissan Frontier. When I was in high school, I helped a friend put a small V-8 in an Alpine Sunbeam. We had to put 75 lbs on the rear axle to keep it on the ground.
  • Options
    @pappyjoe, bet you wish you still had that mustang!  Wow a V8 in a Sunbeam....bet that was fun to drive!
  • Options
    @wolf41035 - The Mustang was nice at first but we bought it used and about 6 months later learned what salt on icy roads can do to the bottom of a vehicle. That was after we had moved to Miami.  Danny, the friend with the Sunbeam, totaled it a couple of months after we got it on the road. Even with the extra weight, he had to be careful when accelerating from a stop. Damn thing was just too light in the rear. He went around a curve too fast on a wet road. Danny walked away from it but the rear of the car didn't survive the contact with the oak tree.
  • Options
    @PappyJoe Yeah I hear that about salt and Ice, not good on cars or trucks.  Wow your friend was lucky, poor car though! 
    I try to hose down the underneath of my cars and truck A LOT, also have undercoated them all.

• Options
    We bought the mustang used so it had been on the road in New Jersey for 15 years already. It was a lesson learned about what to check when buying a used car in the north.
  • Options
    No doubt, Locations are a big thing due to weather, road conditions and other crazy stuff. 
    If I know a car or truck has been on roads that don't get properly repaired very often then I know the suspension has had a rough time and might need to be fixed down the road. Salt and Ice is also bad along with mud and gravel from private drive and back roads.  I live on a back road so my poor truck has been in mud, on bumpy roads and in lots of snow, Ice and Salt!
  • Options
    I Have a few toys :)

2009 BMW F650 GS
    1973 VW Super beetle (my first car, still own it, needs some love)
    1974 Vespa Ciao Moped
    1974 Vespa Primavera
    1957 Vespa Allstate (blew up the motor in the spring)
    1998 Ford F150 4x4 (still waiting to be sold back in Georgia)

Because I am currently living and teaching in Venezuela, I bought a 2013 Kawasaki KLR for scooting around down here. 
  • Options
    @ScootersNotBombs Nice collection, to bad you have to sell the truck. 
    So do you like teaching in Venezuela?  I sometimes wish I could travel and meet new people and see new places.

• Options
    I had a nice gun collection, had to sell almost everything I had due to disability and not having any money!
    Gun Post coming soon, lets all talk about our favorite guns.....
  • Options
    Well not to many people commenting about cars, Trucks and Motorbikes but the firearms post has been doing well!  LOL
  • Options
    So what do you drive? 2011 Mercury Milan Premier
    What is your all time favorite car, Truck and/or Motorbike? Car: 1976 Ford T-Bird, my grandfather's car. 
    Do you have any collectors, Classics or antique cars, trucks and/or Motorbikes? Collection? nope
    What is on your Wish List? 1965 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors

No fighting or bashing anyone's rides, favorites or wishes, lets keep this civilized. 
  • Options
    @CretinDan I like your Dream car, I have always liked them Lincolns, I want a Jet Black one!  

• Options
    @Wolf41035 Like Mr. Ford said. 
    Any color you want, as long as it's black
  • Options
    I found the image button, I will add pics soon.  LOL  
    AH Heck, here is my 59 Bird and my play truck.
    IMG_1842
  • Options
    Anyone else have pics to share?
  • Options
    Currently 08 victory kingpin but wish for an Indian someday
  • Options
    Ahh yes, such fond memories. My brother had a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340. Nothing like having the use of a quick and throaty American V8 muscle car while in your teens. I wouldn't take anything for having had those times. What were our parents thinking?! He also had a Kawasaki 900 at the same time (fastest production bike at the time). Again, ready access enhanced my youthful years. I think those were terrible tools to hand to a teen. I am so glad they did! His later Mazda RX7 was quick as scat but refined compared to the Duster's raw muscle.

My own BMW R1150 (motorcycle) is a sweet and incredibly competent ride and my Mazda Miata is a hoot with the top down. But the Moto Guzzi Jackal (motorcycle) is the best looking thing I've ever seen. It is highly particular about how it needs to be piloted and is loaded with grunt and attitude. You can go highway speeds in 2nd gear, but it has 5 so don't forget to shift. It's a little small for me and I don't ride it for long distances as a rule. But it is one of a kind wonderful and I like it just fine. I'm letting my brother have it. He deserves it.

Now should we talk guitars, Scotch, or tobacco?

Have a good one, and thanks for the memories.
  • Options
     @motoguzzima Well I had a Les Paul Deluxe but had to sell it when my hands started hurting to bad to play, Bourbon is my preference and Tobacco?  Big subject!  LOL

• Options
    I have a '15 Vulcan 900, and goal is track down a beater '71 (birth year) Honda CB 500 or Kawasaki 500 to restore.
  • Options
    mkannemkanne Newcomer
    I have a Caribou 2016 F-150 that's great day to day. Dream would be fixing up a few older Fords one from the 40s with a wood bed and and then maybe a 72 or 73 ford truck too.
  • Options
    Very nice guys!
  • Options
    My other two toys, had to sell them but they were fun when I had them!
    IMG_1806
    Yamaha 650 Classic 1a
  • Options
    Anyone else have pictures or their Cars, Trucks or other toys?