Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Briar Cigar

Any thoughts about Morgan Pipes' "Briar Cigar?"

Comments

• Options
    We were talking about them at pipe club the other night and the consensus seemed to be...

1. No.
    2. Too Gimmicky
  • Options
    dstribdstrib Apprentice
    I have looked at them every once and awhile. Looks interesting. The reviews I have seen are mostly positive and have good things about Chris Morgan's other pipes. Currnetly working on cleaning up an estate Morgan Bones pipe I picked up in a lot on eBay. Have seen a few knock offs of the design online as well.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    Have seen a few knock offs of the design online as well.

I think Chris knocked off the design from I think it was an Italian guy who years ago tried the briar cigar idea based that's on the zeppelin pipe. I'll bet they're made in the same factory as the guy who was selling them years ago. I've had a zeppelin pipe for years I was hoping for a cigar replacement. It never worked very well after the first few minutes.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    I bought the cob cigar to try as $20 is a lot nicer than $120.  I personally find it hilarious and would only buy it to have it in the collection.  I know it is based on the same principle as the Zeppelin pipe with the added reverse calabash.  I see it more as a novelty versus something to use regularly.
  • Options
    dstribdstrib Apprentice
    Also picked up a cob cigar, waiting on it to be shipped. Seems like there are never any new ideas. Good artists copy; great artists steal.
  • Options
    mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    The practicality of it seems to be a little off, but in theory... seems like a fad to me. But hell, what do I know, I've only been been smoking pipe for 20 years.