Home Pipes & Tools
Options

MM Cobb Grab Bag

Has anyone got the smokeable seconds grab bag from MM? I got one a few months ago, and was pleased with the outcome.  Ended up with one eaton, a bent of each legend shape(rob roy, 5th ave., and flat), a straight of each legend shape, a bent Mcarthur 5star, and a bent country gent.  I didn't notice any major flaws with any of them, a couple of smaller chips out of the plaster here and there but for the price point I was happy.

Comments

• Options
    I never have, but I am glad to hear this feedback. I might now that I hear they aren't trash.
  • Options
    The only thing, it wasn't that big of a deal, but since they are seconds. They put a big X on the bottom of the bowl with a marker where their MM label is.  Its not the prettiest thing but makes great yard/shop pipes.
  • Options
    Just sand it off on the wooden plug pipes. Problem solved. I have a can of acrylic coat for refurbishing work on cobs. Just a few dollars and a disposable brush and you have a pristine "second." You will doubtless sand off the MM stamp while you are at it, but I'd rather have a pipe with a clean bottom than one with a stamp and sharpie X on the bottom.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    I've been thinking about getting a couple grab bags so I have some cheap cobs to throw at friends. Glad to hear they aren't trash
  • Options
    I have heard this also,and have thought about grabbing a bag.
  • Options
    Hiker007Hiker007 Enthusiast
    I ordered a grab bag a few weeks ago. I received several of the same pipes, but also a few really cool ones. Overall, I was very pleased.
  • Options
    Great to hear some good reviews of these.  I love my cobs and have been contemplating ordering a bag of seconds for a while. Now I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on an order of them.
  • Options
    Yep,  another vote for the grab bag. I bought two of them that came with completely different mixes.  The 2nd one had a couple of hardwood ones in it which I wanted to try.

I swapped out the orange stems for aftermarket black ones and they smoke great.

I agree that you really can't see why they are 2nds on most of them, just some nicks, etc..

They would be great to give someone wanting to try a pipe without investing anything and for $3.30 each + shipping that are a great deal.